Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 14:45

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2010, 17:53 
Editors
Editors

Driver hanging on install might be due to windows UAC (have seen this being an issue before). Try to right-click on the driver and choose "run as administrator".

+1 on using the report form. If more people send in reports of their issue, the larger chance is there for these to be fixed!

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2010, 17:58 

[quote][quote]Sucks as usual.
1. No vsync fix for crossfire + eyefinity
2. No bezel management for all kinds of monitors with the same screen size. It's still supports ONLY 100% indentical screens.

Vsync works for me in Batman and JC2 mate :/

I believe cuz of 5970? It's not working for anyone with 2 cards in crossfire. Giving 120 frames lock instead of correct 60. In any game, menu for example it's showing 120. When crossfire is disabled it's showing correct 60 frames.

I have a 5970 and a 5850 in Tri-Fire mate

Perfectly fine for me.

just been playing batman and FPS never went over 60.1Fps same on dirt2

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2010, 19:49 

Back to 10.5.

Epic Fail in Battlefield Bad Company 2 with 10.6 drivers: 50 % FPS down and map load time longer.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2010, 19:52 
Editors
Editors

Fix for BFBC2 is coming later today:
http://www.kitguru.net/software/zardon/amd-talk-to-kitguru-badcompany-2-fix-is-coming/

Its an application profile update and not a hotfix, so no need to download new drivers.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2010, 22:39 
Insiders
Insiders

My newly-made saved profiles aren't loading properly with this new drier set. My Eyefintiy profile never loads - a real pain in the ass. So back to 10.5 i go.

And they were progressing so well....

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2010, 23:52 

Oh my fucking god...
This driver broke everything.

Dirt 2 Window mode works (doesn't matter what resolution) - Fullscreen = flicker like hell (and I'm not meaning the monitor - the graphic is resizing [stretching] and bending)
Same with Just Cause 2 - I guess I'm out of luck with those shitload of drivers. Oh dear, I wish that ONE TIME a new release from ATI ist without Bugs (HOW THE HELL can some1 miss the bad company 2 bug in a WHQL driver? Hell yeah, must be some nice wages those programers get)

obvious - so obvious...
Catalyst A.I. is causing this issue...

Disabling it is disabling my issues - to bad that it's also disables my CrossFire (Hell yeah - 5970 without CF...)

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2010, 18:32 

Left4dead2 doesn't wok anymore on 10.6 - all other games also bsod - reverted to 10.5 and happy with it..

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2010, 20:40 

Once again, I had to go back to the 10.4 drivers. Still have the issue where my windows flicker when moving windows around or scrolling and the cursor bug is still present. Also after downloading the 10.6 drivers my BFBC2 game started crashing to desktop on a regular basis.

Really starting to consider going back to a single monitor at this point.

Crossfire and Eyefinity is broke. Plain and simple.

this gives me sad face... I have been holding off getting another 5870 for a long while because of all the issues and they never seem to get sorted out. I think for now I will swap my 1gb 5870 for one of those Asus ROG 2gb ones.. and then some day in the future when CF and EF will play nice get another 2gb card.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2010, 04:54 

[quote]Once again, I had to go back to the 10.4 drivers. Still have the issue where my windows flicker when moving windows around or scrolling and the cursor bug is still present. Also after downloading the 10.6 drivers my BFBC2 game started crashing to desktop on a regular basis.

Really starting to consider going back to a single monitor at this point.

Crossfire and Eyefinity is broke. Plain and simple.

this gives me sad face... I have been holding off getting another 5870 for a long while because of all the issues and they never seem to get sorted out. I think for now I will swap my 1gb 5870 for one of those Asus ROG 2gb ones.. and then some day in the future when CF and EF will play nice get another 2gb card.

I have NO troubles with Xfire and Eyefinity .. I have 2 of the Asus 5870s you are talking about.

The troubles come when you go to 3 GPUs or more... 2 scale great, and I don't have any games I have tried that DON'T use crossfire and use it well. (Shift, MW1&2, Crysis, WH, Just Cause 2, Bad Company 2, AVP, HAWX, Arma II, Half Llife 2....).

I LOVE my dual 5870 ROG setup. Faster than the 5970 I replaced, and the fastest dual GPU solution I could find for my Eyefinity rig! (3X22" Dell 2209WA IPS).

(running the 10.6s... I was on the 10.4s , and wanted to try these out. Kinda' 50/50 for me... lost a couple FPS in AVP, but gained about 5-7 in JC2, so a wash in my book... :D )

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2010, 00:25 

I probably shouldnt even bother posting but I will anyway... The dreaded Blinking is still here with 10.6. That is 3 driver releases in a row that will not work properly with my active display port adapter. I mean I would have given up on this set up a long time ago, with all the crap I have tried to make it work properly, but luckily 10.3 does work perfect so it is really infuriating that whatever they did with 10.3 isnt present in there more current driver releases. GRRRRR...

The only 2 games I want to play on the pc atm is BC2 which takes a long ass time to load up the maps.. and Red FAction guerilla and the driver is conflicting with that game to the point where its unplayable with all the flashing and such... I will report this one more time and if 10.7 releases and it blinks then I will have to make some changes.

Someone said they know someone with a similar issue and they swapped out display ports with an apple one and no more blinking for them... But I already spent 100 bucks on a wire, no effing way am I spending another 100 bucks on another over priced wire. ahem adapter...