Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 06:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 3x 21,5" monitors?
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2011, 11:52 

Since it seems impossible to get space for 3x 24" inch monitors it seems I have to go down one step.
Made an account on this forum to get some good advice, since the danish hardware forum I used no people could get into their heads that I couldn't get room for 3x 24 inch monitors. Problem is I have a wall at my left hand side, and on my right side there is my door which can basically only just shut with a few milimeters to spare.

It's 150cm table, the 24 inch monitors are about 57-58 cm each. Thats about 24 cm I don't have. Now I know you don't line em all up on a straight line, but the angle's are gonna get fucked with that little room I think. I don't know anything about what angle they should be placed at (left and right monitor) I thought I'd just keep adjusting it with I actualy have my setup bought and ready :)

Now which 21,5 inch monitors would be good?
My budget is a bit low - I've considerd the BenQ 21,5 LED G2222HDL - It seems pretty nice for the price. http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=599919 (danish link sorry) :P

Sugestions and help is very welcome! :)

Post subject: Re: 3x 21,5" monitors?
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2011, 14:15 
Founder
Founder

I'm not sure about the pricing on the exchange rate, but I've had a good experience with the Dell U2211H. It is USD $279, and is an IPS panel. The HP ZR22w is about the same price, and is an IPS panel as well. While not a requirement, the IPS panels have come down significantly in the last year or so.

If you're going to go Eyefinity, I would go ahead and get a monitor with a DisplayPort connection.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2011, 15:57 

I'm not sure about the pricing on the exchange rate, but I've had a good experience with the Dell U2211H. It is USD $279, and is an IPS panel. The HP ZR22w is about the same price, and is an IPS panel as well. While not a requirement, the IPS panels have come down significantly in the last year or so.

If you're going to go Eyefinity, I would go ahead and get a monitor with a DisplayPort connection.

Those are definately gonna be over my budget :(

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2011, 21:14 

I'm using 3x Dell 2007WFP's. IPS panels and two were bought refurbished from EBay. The only problem is one of the monitors is noticeably darker than the others but I use it as one of the side monitors and quickly got used to it whilst gaming.

Buying new is always better but if you must got the other route try to ensure you get the same model numbers.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2011, 21:32 

[quote]I'm not sure about the pricing on the exchange rate, but I've had a good experience with the Dell U2211H. It is USD $279, and is an IPS panel. The HP ZR22w is about the same price, and is an IPS panel as well. While not a requirement, the IPS panels have come down significantly in the last year or so.

Those are definately gonna be over my budget :(

If you wait for Dell's Days of Deals, that monitor typically goes on sale for around $200. The U2311H goes on sale for around $230. You can even try calling a Dell salesman and ask for a discount. I managed to knock off $30 when I bought my 3 U2311H's by telling them that I'm a student.