Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 22:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 12:08 
Editors
Editors

Been living under a rock for a few weeks, and BAM - lots of shocking news on the TripleHead... Surround... uh, Multi-Monitor front. I don't know what to think about the technology yet but driver issues at 57Hz and my shiny new 2048 MB GTX 285s all feel a bit retarded at the moment. :lol:

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 15:30 

tough luck? :?

well anyway, i put up my screens for sale too; i wanna try to get in enough cash for 3 new 1080p screens to be ready when the eyefinity-madness starts ;)

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009, 22:49 

Well doesn't this just suck. I bought 2 GTX 275's and a th2go about a month ago, and then this happens. Gotta love techonology.

I have to admit the eyefinity technology definitely sound like the way to go. But I wouldn't rush to sell my nvidia cards and th2go just yet. I think the smart thing to do would be to wait until at least nvidia has shown all their cards, and the ATI tech is proved out to actually do what it says it will do.

As for those who haven't jumped into th2go - I say wait a month or two. I'm certain nvidia may have something up their sleeves as well for us wide screen gamers. If they don't, well then nvidia may indeed be in trouble this time around.

Until then I'll continue to enjoy what used to be a very capable gaming rig.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2009, 05:13 
Insiders
Insiders

Well doesn't this just suck. I bought 2 GTX 275's and a th2go about a month ago, and then this happens. Gotta love techonology.

I have to admit the eyefinity technology definitely sound like the way to go. But I wouldn't rush to sell my nvidia cards and th2go just yet. I think the smart thing to do would be to wait until at least nvidia has shown all their cards, and the ATI tech is proved out to actually do what it says it will do.

As for those who haven't jumped into th2go - I say wait a month or two. I'm certain nvidia may have something up their sleeves as well for us wide screen gamers. If they don't, well then nvidia may indeed be in trouble this time around.

Until then I'll continue to enjoy what used to be a very capable gaming rig.

If the GTX275 and TH2G are working for you I wouldn't worry about it much till your next build. The reason why I'm obsessing on it is mostly because I like to run some pretty odd display setups. :lol:

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2009, 11:15 
Editors
Editors

It's certainly worth the wait, I agree. :) ATi learned to keep quiet about future releases after the flop of the HD2900XT compared to the 8800's. nVidia, I would assume, given their silence on the GPU front, have learned that shouting about opening "cans of whoop-ass" with the GTX280 cards only works if they actually do - if the opponents cards are better than anticipated (like the 4800's were) then all that happens is they look rather silly.

So, yes... with any luck, both sides have got some amazing new stuff to show, and both are managing to keep it under wraps. :D

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009, 01:38 

wait.. wait..

That 5870 have:
- 2x DVI
- 1x HDM
- 1x DisplayPort

does that mean it can run quad monitors at a time?

that would be sweet then I can sell my FireMV. (I use to add more than 2 monitor support to my system since my 9800 gx2 only have two output, and I run 4 monitors)

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009, 13:05 

the 1gb i think is that and the 2gb is the 6 dp connectors.

someone posted a huge picture list of the cards and such:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=234555

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009, 22:38 
Insiders
Insiders

Bugger so I am going to have to get 2x mini-DP to DVI converters and 1 mini-DP to HDMI (and I will run that one through an HDMI switcher for my XBox). Cos I want the 2GB version, for sure.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009, 22:56 

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009, 23:37 
Insiders
Insiders

Mmm so I will be using one DP-to-DVI, one DP-to-HDMI (switch then back to HDMI to DVI converter for screen!) and one DP-to-DVI that has to be 'active'

And the 'active' prices were 150 bucks US????? Doubt I will go there then which is bad.

EDIT: or is active only needed for 4 or more displays, not very obvious. Well once it come out I will have to find out what I need to have 2xDVI and 1xHDMI (centre) screen. 5 days to go now :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next