Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Oct 2024, 05:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 05:42 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]I also have discovered how pixel greedy I currently am. I want more. And I will never go back. AMD needs to give me a bonus so I can go buy monitors larger than the three Dell P2310Hs (they have DVI & DP inputs) that I bought to try this out personally. :D

Or you could totally lose your mind and go triple head 1080p projector. :lol:I thought you were going for sextuple head projectors....... :p

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 06:07 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote][quote]I also have discovered how pixel greedy I currently am. I want more. And I will never go back. AMD needs to give me a bonus so I can go buy monitors larger than the three Dell P2310Hs (they have DVI & DP inputs) that I bought to try this out personally. :D

Or you could totally lose your mind and go triple head 1080p projector. :lol:I thought you were going for sextuple head projectors....... :p

Not until my pocketbook can recover. :lol:

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 07:54 
Insiders
Insiders

Haha, it must be in agony ATM!

BTW what cockpit is your new 'avatar' from?

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 12:37 

@Suns*t

Hi

I totally agree with you with every point in your comment. You have to experience widescreen gaming to understand how much you miss and how much more alive the setting of the game becomes comparing to one screen. Getting there truly makes you pixel greedy, that’s why I was so thrilled when I saw that with eyefinity I would be able to get the maximum from my monitors.

The difference is truly great, I am discovering the game anew, I just ride to the different areas of the game enjoying the scenery and looking at the details and the beauty that I have missed before. The combination of eyefinity and a truly powerful graphics card is a killer.

I was always an avid fan of Tolkien and I really love the setting of Lord of the rings online, it’s the game that I am playing the past two years. I have seen others like Age of Conan, Warhammer and Aion which are also great but Lotro is my game. I am playing on Evernight (European server) which has a great community.

AMD should really give you guys a big bonus for a job well done. It’s a long time since I enjoyed something that much . I really want to thank everyone involved for their work and dedication.

Oh and I can only imagine how L4D would be like...

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 19:58 
Insiders
Insiders

Haha, it must be in agony ATM!

BTW what cockpit is your new 'avatar' from?

That's what the cockpit from my F-84F will look like once I finish rebuilding it. :wink:

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2009, 10:34 

I am discovering the game anew, I just ride to the different areas of the game enjoying the scenery and looking at the details and the beauty that I have missed before. The combination of eyefinity and a truly powerful graphics card is a killer.

Oh and I can only imagine how L4D would be like...

Evernight, ehhh? Can't say that I have ever been there.

I agree with you about discovering the game anew. On a single screen my POV was set at as far a distance as it could be. I never really saw things up close. Now I am doing most games in 1st person and seeing things completely differently.

At the very beginning of creating EF, I thought 1st person might change things, but I didn't realize how much. It's a new gaming world. Seeing truly is believing.