Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 08:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2010, 22:58 

The swap command is only available when you are in Extended Desktop Mode, not Eyefinity. BTW dragging and dropping the monitors in Extended Mode is easier than the swap command.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2010, 20:53 

Ok, so roughly 1 week after installing the Adapter I've noticed the following....

1) When I maximize a web page across the three monitors using IE8, there is definite flashing. For example Google Maps on Full Screen the map constantly flashes and makes the entire browser laggy. Eyefinity or IE8 limitation. Not sure.

2) On my display port monitor my mouse has become this ugly black rectangular blob. Tried unplugging the DP adapter did nothing. Going to try a reboot to see if this corrects the issue. Either way, not cool. The biggest issue is that sometime in the past 24hrs my mouse arrow has become torn and a little "screwed" up, making navigating sites tough.

3) Gaming... Using the widescreenfixer app I've been able to enjoy CODMW2 and Bf2. The menu's on BF2 are totally skewed and stretched. Making navigating a guessing game. It's not cool. Flying the chopper is cool and planes. It's great but the menu system is screwed. Sometimes, I need to lower res in order to adjust settings etc...

Wings of Prey = So far in my 2 hr test last night it's very cool. It's almost like it was designed to run in Eyefinity. So far so good and is incredible flying with all monitors wrapping you. Add wind and a Gforce enabled chair and I swear I was flying!

Other than that it's awesome! Getting use to it and enjoying the real estate. Just wish my mouse cursor wasn't FAWWWWk'd on the middle screen.

Any suggestions?

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2010, 23:46 

Although some folks still had cursor corruption of some nature, it was my understanding that the "9.12 hotfix driver" (it's a full driver install) fixed this issue.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2010, 03:12 

Newegg has this in stock now.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2010, 06:32 

A simple reboot and all was good. The cursor issue carried over to the DVI monitors as well. I rebooted... 45 seconds later all good.

:)

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2010, 08:49 

Arioch... where did you get these nice wallpapers? :wink:

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2010, 13:00 

Glad to hear it's working, got mine on preorder from a UK etailer :) Now trying to decide between 5850s or a 5870... Arioch which card(s) are u using?

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2010, 16:07 

I am running the HD5870. Great card. My brother was going to buy the HD5850 but the he decided to pay the extra and get the same card I have. No regrets. Never used the 5850 before. Can't comment. There are lot's of review on Youtube.com from people alot smarter than I! :)

The 5870 is a longer card so you need a descent case to hold it. Also, depending on your motherboard the SATA ports might be a bitch to connect after the cards installed. "Ask me how I know" LOL

Good Luck.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2010, 16:09 

Arioch... where did you get these nice wallpapers? :wink:

just google Triple Monitor Wallpaper in Google. There's loads of sites out there. Not much variety but lot's of places to get them. No sure where I got the Lambo from....

:)