Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Oct 2024, 08:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: eyefinity + tv
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2010, 12:13 

Hello everyone, sorry if this was addressed before, I tried to look into it but I didn't find a very clear and easy solution. So just to be sure, here is my config:

2x 5770 sapphire in xfire
2x (lateral) LG W2243S monitors (22" 16:9 native resolution 1920x1080) - these ones have only anlaog vga ports, connected to dvi (on the main card) through an adapter
1x (central) LG 22" tv (16:9 native resolution 1380x768) - I connected this one like this (I checked on the internet if it was possible before trying it out, although it looked unlikely, but in fact it works): hdmi chord on the monitor, onto a hdmi-to-dvi adapter, onto ATI active dvi-to-dp adapter and into the main video card
1x Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM connected to hdmi on the main card (and disabled when I use eyefinity, of course, I use that as a bigger screen for watching movies and such, also I use this for ps3)

On the software side I got windows 7 pro x64 and catalyst version 10.5

Eyefinity works just fine, but not as it should: first no bezel compensation, second I can only choose among these three surround resolutions, that is 5760x1080, 4800x900 and 2400x600. The first one, that it chooses by default, seems to work fine, except that the middle screen overscans abit and I can't see the borders of the image.

What I would like to achieve is getting a proper resolution with 768 pixels vertical, like the native resolution of the tv, and an adjuested horizontal resolution with bezel compensation. I know it wouldn't look right for reading on the lateral monitors, but I need this just for gaming, and keeping the tv is crucial for me, not only because I don't want to spend money on another lg monitor like the other two (it's pretty cheap anyway), but also because I use that as output for ps2 and psp (with scart and component inputs).

Is there a nice and easy solution for me? Do I need to mess with EDID or whatever that's called to get it? I'm kinda scared of going there.. Thanks in advance for your advice! WSG ROCKS!

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2010, 14:24 

The CCC does not offer Bezel Management if viewable screen size (Which can be found in the EDID information... a value e.g. X cm height, Y cm width) differs more than 5%.

There are ways to edit the EDID info, look here: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=18597

I personally just finally bought a third HP display instead of messing with two different monitor models.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2010, 14:57 

that's a PITA :x , i think ill just go without bezel management for now and hope ati can sort it out with new drivers.