Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 09:08

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2010, 00:31 

I said this before I think, but Mass Effect 2 is Unreal Engine 3, it's whole other bag from Dragon Age. I would not be surprised if there is never an Eyefinity patch, and in fact I would almost assume there will not be. Who knows the not only technical but license issues the UE3 engine causes for Bioware, and I know from reading their forums that they have very limited patch resources to work with.

The scaling in engine should be trivial. The problem is all of the HUD, menu, and UI elements, as well as cut scenes. Those all need to be correct. Someone has to go through the entire game and make sure those all scale correctly.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2010, 01:37 

that is sad if it never gets patched, are the dissapearing objects in dragon age when using eyefintiy a driver issue or something bioware has to fix? I cant play either with 3 screens and there my favorite games.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2010, 06:42 

that is sad if it never gets patched, are the dissapearing objects in dragon age when using eyefintiy a driver issue or something bioware has to fix? I cant play either with 3 screens and there my favorite games.

Yeah, that is another thing we may never see a fix for. Patch funding is very sparse when the game works, something like trees in eyefinity for like .5% of players is low on the totem pole.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2010, 13:00 

[quote]that is sad if it never gets patched, are the dissapearing objects in dragon age when using eyefintiy a driver issue or something bioware has to fix? I cant play either with 3 screens and there my favorite games.

Yeah, that is another thing we may never see a fix for. Patch funding is very sparse when the game works, something like trees in eyefinity for like .5% of players is low on the totem pole.

its more than just tree's its like rocks, plants, trees , and ground clutter.. I really hope they fix it because I am not buying there expansion if they dont... ok thats probably a lie but I wont prioritize it thats for sure.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2010, 14:24 

they should fix all these problms as like myself and many others have gone out and spent a lot of money on this eyefinity setup and i would find it bang out of order if i cant play all the latest games with 3 monitors and if that was the case we should all get a full refund from ati and the game companys ...... :evil:

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2010, 07:24 
Insiders
Insiders

I'd return this game to BioWare if I could, but it was gifted to me so that's not exactly an option :lol: Anyway not touching it until they get EF support. Can't be that hard, I would take a stretched UI/HUD if the FOV was just fine.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2010, 03:23 

I'd return this game to BioWare if I could, but it was gifted to me so that's not exactly an option :lol: Anyway not touching it until they get EF support. Can't be that hard, I would take a stretched UI/HUD if the FOV was just fine.

yeah I feel the same, they dont need to go hog wild and optimize it to the hills but atleast make the game playable.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2010, 05:24 

[quote]I'd return this game to BioWare if I could, but it was gifted to me so that's not exactly an option :lol: Anyway not touching it until they get EF support. Can't be that hard, I would take a stretched UI/HUD if the FOV was just fine.

yeah I feel the same, they dont need to go hog wild and optimize it to the hills but atleast make the game playable.

It is playable... just not on 3 monitors at once.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2010, 11:06 
Editors
Editors

This is a thread titled "Mass Effect 2 does NOT properly support Eyefinity" it is in the "ATI Eyefinity Discussion" section of the "Multi-Monitor Gaming" section of the forum ...
It is obvious the guys are talking about it not being playable on 3 monitors ...
So ... what is this ? ...
It is playable... just not on 3 monitors at once.
Flamebate, a bit to increase your post count or a smartass comment trying to belittle ?

Not the behavior we want on this forum let alone from an "Insider".

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2010, 13:20 

I am playfully mocking the idea of some people refusing to play the game on one monitor, as I would refusing to play a game in 4:3. The key word is playfully.

I know you are a very sensitive person but i'm in my 30s now, too late to change my playful nature. I suggest you put me on ignore and get it over with.

And if you have a problem with the automatic Insider thing for detailed reports I suggest you take it up with Ibrin, rather than trying to belittle me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next