Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 10 Sep 2024, 00:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010, 04:53 

Hey guys, first post here. I found this forum while trying to find out a solution to get Eyefinity working on my setup. I wanted to post in this thread because I have had success with the same Displayport->VGA Adapter in the OP.

This is the one I ordered from eBay, it's similar to the one in the OP and more than likely the same manufacturer. http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-DisplayPort-Display-Port-Male-To-VGA-Female-Adapter_W0QQitemZ160418857721QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2559b582f9#ht_1185wt_939

Some tips and tricks on the situation that I encountered when trying to initially set up Eyefinity:
-First, my basic set up (if anyone finds it pertinent)
*ASUS M4A785T-M/CSM motherboard
*AMD Phenom II X4 2.60ghz processor
*XFX Radeon HD5770 GPU (the batmobile version lol)
*Mod Xtreme-Pro 500W PSU
*3GB RAM
*Windows 7 32-bit
*3 x Acer X233h 23" screens 1920x1080
-Before getting my adapter, I was already running three monitors, two connected via DVI to the card and the third connected to the onboard card via VGA.
-Upon installing the adapter on the middle monitor, CCC was able to detect the monitor reading it as a Displayport monitor. It stayed at the current settings, three split up monitors with the desktop being the left monitor with no changes to resolution on any of the screens.
-The first time I tried to follow the steps to setting up the Eyefinity group, I had set up the group from the left monitor which was connected as DVI. I was given a very long series of screen blackout for about a minute before CCC came back on. When it did, CCC presented an error about the Displayport link being faulty or something like that. It kept the Displayport monitor in 640x480 resolution with no option to change. The right monitor was disabled, and the left monitor was left in 1920x1080. Upon trying to play with the settings, sometimes only the primary display would stay up and the two others were put into standby. Other times it would duplicate all monitors in 640x480. This was just from fiddling with the display options.
-Without unplugging and replugging anything, I saw another member who posted here earlier about making sure the Displayport monitor is made the primary when setting up a new group for Eyefinity. Following those instructions yielded the successful result. The Displayport monitor is set as primary, and following the steps laid out in CCC, you're able to adjust for bezels/etc.
-One thing to note; I wanted to set up Eyefinity as a profile instead of just running it all the time. Hydragrid would not work with me, especially since for some reason the hotkeys for it don't work with any windows I open. I like the three split monitors when I'm running non-gaming programs and that way it's easier to maximize windows to the screens instead of using Hydragrid. When I try to save that profile and switch from Eyefinity to the three split displays, the displays are all out of order. It may have something to do with which monitor is the Displayport monitor. At this time I still have it plugged into the middle screen, and I'm hoping making the left monitor the Displayport will resolve that.
-Final note. This has worked with my setup, but unfortunately I don't have any other setups to test it on so I can't say it'll work for everyone (i.e. different monitor sizes/resolutions/computer specs). For $17, it was a drop in the bucket compared to what I've spent getting back into computers/computer gaming (Eyefinity looked so cool I had to ditch my laptop for it).

I was able to play Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for about an hour at "medium" settings without any flickering or shutdowns. FPS is not as good but I figure I'm pushing the little 5770 to the max.

Here are some pics, sorry for the poor quality I was just excited that I could get it working lol

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2010, 06:32 

I just purchased a cheapo £15 DP--->VGA adaptor from ebay. Works a treat, picture is as pin sharp as DVI from my second 5850 was.

Now my 2 * 2007fp and 3007wfp all running nicely from a single 5850 =D

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 12:15 

Great thread, very helpful. Here's a link to the adapter I used, works a treat...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PREMIUM-DISPLAY-PORT-to-VGA-adapter-converter-for-PC_W0QQitemZ180470581051QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL?hash=item2a04e2873b#ht_3729wt_939

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2010, 12:36 
Insiders
Insiders

to users for lowprofile hd5450 or other card where DVI is next ot DP port

normal dp@ vga not fit with DVI monitor (with DVI@ VGA fits but very very tight)

I need to buy adapter with cable extension now :(

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2010, 05:18 

deleted
-
question solved :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2010, 14:18 

Thanks to all you guys for the info. :cheers
I have read this entire thread coz I want make an Eyefinity setup with:
(Samsung T240)[DVI] + *(Samsung T260)[DP->VGA] + (Samsung T240)[DVI]
in those positions with the T260 being the main screen.
Like this:

I've decided to go with the newer 15cm version of the Displayport->VGA adapter:
http://www.byteccusa.com/product/adapter/AP-DPVGA-005/AP-DPVGA-005.htm
then I'll buy the 2xT240s and let you guys know how it works out. :wink:

There's a good video here on how to setup Eyefinity with this:
http://www.byteccusa.com/product/adapter/AP-DPVGA/AP-DPVGA.htm
cheaper DP->VGA adapter (but of course it would apply to all) here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2ItnmZe630

PostPosted: 02 May 2010, 06:16 

Guys I just read this whole thread and finally I think I will order the specific HP adapter that the guy from another forum at the below link has posted,with a lot of pictures and info about this.
I hope this to help everybody,as we all still looking for a solution..

http://www.overclock.net/ati/712021-mals-eyefinity-project-info-pics-vids.html

Arvacon

PostPosted: 05 May 2010, 23:06 

Hi guys,

I don't know if this is the correct thread, but ive been browsing around here and i havent found much info on the 6 DP eyefinity cards..

I'm looking to successfully make a 6 screen build and didn't realize before that you could only connect 2x dvi and have to convert the rest actively.
I have 6x 17" 1280x1024 VGA/DVI Eizo screens (got them from work) and a Club3d HD5870 Eyefinity Edition
My question now is: Do you guys think it will work if i get 4x DP>VGA + the 2x provided passive DP>DVI and hook my screens up that way?
Will any DP>VGA suffice? (ive read that every single one available is active, is this correct?)

Here's a picture of the screen rig i made:
[Edit, pic was borked]

PostPosted: 06 May 2010, 00:58 
Editors
Editors

Hi guys,

I don't know if this is the correct thread, but ive been browsing around here and i havent found much info on the 6 DP eyefinity cards..

I'm looking to successfully make a 6 screen build and didn't realize before that you could only connect 2x dvi and have to convert the rest actively.
I have 6x 17" 1280x1024 VGA/DVI Eizo screens (got them from work) and a Club3d HD5870 Eyefinity Edition
My question now is: Do you guys think it will work if i get 4x DP>VGA + the 2x provided passive DP>DVI and hook my screens up that way?
Will any DP>VGA suffice? (ive read that every single one available is active, is this correct?)

Here's a picture of the screen rig i made:

I don't think thats the picture you wanted to use. If I remove the 9. I get a picture not related to this.

DP -> VGA adapters are active, not passive and they should work. Use one of the confirmed ones in this thread to make sure that the ones you are ordering works. :)

:welcome

PostPosted: 06 May 2010, 11:48 

I don't think thats the picture you wanted to use. If I remove the 9. I get a picture not related to this.

DP -> VGA adapters are active, not passive and they should work. Use one of the confirmed ones in this thread to make sure that the ones you are ordering works. :)

:welcome

Fixed it! (don't know what happened.. tinypic sucks i guess)

I checked out the website with the DP>VGA adapter thats being spoken about here. unfortunately i need mini display port ones, and if i order adapters for mini > DP and hook them up to these, it will be a proper mess.

Now i ordered Mini DP>VGA adaptors from this (Dutch) website http://www.eizoshop.nl/Product.aspx?productID=4695
Of i-dont-know-what- brand.
This might be interesting to people in or near the Netherlands area, this is by far the cheapest shop that has them here.

Will keep you guys posted on the results, now i will have to wait for the rest of my rig :rockout

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 31  Next