Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 08:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2010, 00:43 

HI
Iam still with the same problem. only can use 2 monitors, the 3@ one is detected, but is disable. Using on dp to vga, one hdmi to dvi, one dvi to dvi,
I can make any two working at the same time, but not all three.
thanks for the help

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2010, 09:56 

HI all,

My Monitors has NO VGA input.

In back of my samsung LED monitor has DVI, HDMI, Digital audio out, Audio out

2 X DVI
1 X DP to VGA + VGA to DVI

Is this work ?

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2010, 17:35 

HI
Iam still with the same problem. only can use 2 monitors, the 3@ one is detected, but is disable. Using on dp to vga, one hdmi to dvi, one dvi to dvi,
I can make any two working at the same time, but not all three.
thanks for the help

installed WIN7 and is working now, did not work with window xp ,

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2010, 02:24 

Hi I need help
tried 2 passive dp to vga and on active dp to vga (sapphire), tried differents monitors, installed in differents pcs, tried svga cables, all with the same results. Resolution can not go higher than 1400x900, above this resolution there is flickering

thanks for any help.
my card is visiontek 5770

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 16:23 

I used the Saphire Active Displayport to vga adapter from Newegg. Got my 3 monitor setup work and have no flickering. Using a XFX 5870, 2 V7 22" LCD monitors (one on the Displayport adapter), and a Sony Trinitron FW-900 for the center monitor. No flickering whatsoever. Each monitor is running 1680x1050, and runs in eyefinity at 5040x1050 or 5156x1050 with bezel compensation. Catalyst 10.6 drivers.

Also a note for all you CRT fans, My trinitron is running 85hz and the lcds are running 60hz in the eyefinity group. So it appears that eyefinity groups just need to run the same resolution on each monitor, but can run different refresh rates.

Note: I could not get my CRT to run all the resolutions it supports on the displayport adapter for some reason (i think max was 1280x1024 or something close to that, but can run the 22" LCD at its native 1680x1050 on the displayport adapter. Might have something to do with running higher refresh rates on the CRT. It seemed as if it wasn't reading all the EDID info for supported resolutions on the CRT.

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2010, 03:59 

Hello all. I've been having a lot of trouble/annoyances with my new eyefinity setup.

First of all, i have a Non-reference Diamond 5870 1gb and 3 20 inch monitors (NEC 20wmgx2) @ 5040x1050 (3*1680)

I have tried two dp to vga adapters:
1 - the officially validated accell dp to vga adapter
http://www.amazon.com/Accell-UltraAV-B101B-003B-Display-Adapter/dp/B003HC85D2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1278276876&sr=8-1&tag=atmlinr-20

2 - monoprice cable
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10246&cs_id=1024609&p_id=6019&seq=1&format=2

Both are giving me the same problems. They work when i first start out windows. When I boot up a game, there's a chance it will work, but more often than not, it makes my monitor blink/flicker and eventually loses signal OR just loses signal right away.

IF it does work, when I exit the game, my monitor will lose signal. So pretty much everytime I try to play a game or exit a game, ti will make my monitor lose signal regardless.

The only way I get signal back is if I unplug the dp from the video card or logoff windows.

Are the vga adapters the culprit here or is it something else? I have a feeling that getting that HP adapter won't change anything. I mean the Accell one is officially validated by ATi and it still causes me problems... And If i were to get the HP, I would have pretty much spent what it icost to get the bizlink/accell DP to DVI adapter...

I have tried catalayst 10.4a, 10.5 hotfix, and 10.6, all the same thing. Its pretty ridiculous. Even when I alt+tab out of a game, I will lose signal on the dp monitor, guaranteed.

Any advice for me?

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2010, 20:42 
Editors
Editors

Any advice for me?

There is nothing definite about this issue, since there hasn't been found a single cause which makes some use DP adapters without a problem, while others have problem.

In your case, these symptoms can happen on single screens as well:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/247964-15-viewsonic-vx922-monitor-black-screen-green-power-light-flashes

Try first with installing the .inf file for your monitor. On VGA, its more important then with DVI. The .inf file tells the OS about the sync and resolution capabilities of your screen.

Test single screen with VGA and see if it occurs there too.

Use the adapter, not the cable.

Report back. :)

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2010, 07:41 

Report back. :)

Thanks for the advice.

So I found my monitor inf drivers for my monitors and installed them but that didn't help at all with all three adapters.

I then tried using the displayport only as a single display with all 3 displayport-vga adapters (disconnected other two dvi monitors) @ native res 1680x1050 and suprisingly, it loses signal as well, so it doesn't work. Just to make sure it wasn't the monitor itself, I tried one of the monitors I had connected via dvi with the vga cable and it would lose signal as well.

Afterward, I tried using one of the DVI-VGA adapters (the ones that come with video cards usually) onto a dvi port just to see if there was anything wrong with the VGA ports on my monitors. However, this works fine! It never loses signal.

So is something wrong with the displayport on my card? I don't know what else to conclude...

All that money spent on displayport>vga adapters...

Any thoughts? Thanks again.

Also, this seems to happen very frequently with Battlefield Bad Company 2 (fully patched) and Crysis warhead.

Other games like Left 4 Dead 2, Assassins Creed 2 usually work... Its weird...

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2010, 11:04 

I went first with the ACCELL Active DisplayPort Adapter that, as you say, is OFFICIALLY recommended by ATI/AMD. But, I had way too much of a problem with it and returned it for a full refund.

I opted to try a DP -> VGA adapter made by Monster. I have had wonderful results from this adapter. There have been a very, very few instances where I might get a warning of lost signal when the monitors come out of Screensaver mode. But, all it takes at that time is to bring up the Task Manager [CTRL-ALT-DEL] and the signal is completely restored. No need to logoff, reboot, or anything else.

My monitors are ViewSonic VX2433wm monitors and have a response time of 2 ms and Refresh Rate of 60 Hz.

I wish you luck getting your setup working the way it's supposed to work.

~Windows 7 x64 Professional~MSI X58A-GD45~Intel I7-950~6x2 GB DDR3 1600 RAM (Triple Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX HD 6950 2 GB GDDR5~3 ViewSonic 24 inch LCDs in Eyefinity~SATA Dual Layer DVD RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~Done with Vista~XP Pro on the way out, too!~AND....250 GB XBOX 360~

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2010, 13:02 

I opted to try a DP -> VGA adapter made by Monster. I have had wonderful results from this adapter. There have been a very, very few instances where I might get a warning of lost signal when the monitors come out of Screensaver mode. .

I forgot to mention I had purchased the monster displayport to vga adapter yesterday and have the same problems, so there goes 3 vga adapters used already. So accell, monoprice, and monster adapters all work pretty much exactly the same... meaning they don't really work... at least for crysis warhead and battlefield bad company 2.

Ctrl alt del does not help bring my monitor back from a signal loss... unfortunately
I appreciate the help

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next