Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Jun 2024, 01:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 17:11 

I am still not convinced this is the case, Bioware is known for doing things pretty good. If they released it for DA then we can expect to see the feature in ME2. If people are going to buy a game just because they see it on a list, well then follow blindly, but this is the primary reason I do not pre-order games anymore. In order to fully know, you read, you test, you buy. It's just like a TV, or anything else in that category. :searchplease

Also, we cannot blame ATI for the developer who says they will support it, but then not really support it in the end. Kinda not their fault, though they may claim it anyway.

One more thing, it isn't out yet, I cannot be convinced by something that is pirated, as I know that pirated things generally never do the right things.

"I sense something, a presence I've not felt since......."

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 17:24 

Why does everyone assume piracy? If the game is to be released on the 26th, why aren't people assuming that some store is setting up a display unit to be played?

This close to release, I see no reason to assume piracy or incomplete bits. The CD's do not burn themselves and then jump in the box.

People are involved, which makes the system flawed by definition.

:cheers

6 days left in January. Maybe 10.1 will be released on the 31st so that 10.2 (10.1 patch) can be released the next day and the dev team can take a month off. i dunno

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 17:48 
Insiders
Insiders

Because 99.9% of the people who say that pirate it, and then use that as an excuse to cover their tracks.

The amount of people that have the game already is a little too much of a coincidence to say that so many stores broke a street date... a week early.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 19:30 

I did get my copy from Gamestop on Friday the one down here breaks street dates a good amount of the time in advance. I can confirm that currently it is zooming in on the screen when using eyefinity but looks fine if you take it back to a single monitor setup.

I really hope they patch in eyefinity I saw it on the ati list and loved the first one. So far its a great game though and those that get it on release day will enjoy what Bioware has done.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2010, 02:39 

How about this Dave: To compensate for missing the support on release date and the confusion, ATI convinces Bioware to release a patch for ME1 and ME2 simultaneously. I don't know about the engine overhaul but it looks to me like they suffer the exact same issue.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2010, 14:25 
Founder
Founder

Why does everyone assume piracy? If the game is to be released on the 26th, why aren't people assuming that some store is setting up a display unit to be played?

This close to release, I see no reason to assume piracy or incomplete bits. The CD's do not burn themselves and then jump in the box.

What store sets up demo kiosks for a *PC* game?

Most stores get games just a day or two before the street date, and there are large stickers on the box that say "DO NOT SELL BEFORE XXXXX". Granted with a Tuesday street date, Friday was probably their receipt date. Monday might be cutting it too close.

However, when I worked at Babbage's in college, we *ALWAYS* respected street date, and my local Gamestop stores respect it now. Stores can face fines for breaking street dates.

Remember how many people got Spore before the retail release in "defiance" of the overbearing DRM? That wasn't a break in street-date, that was piracy. All things considered, piracy is the more likely reason (compounded by the fact the OP has posted again), especially further you get from the street date.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2010, 18:10 

Right ive just been told my copy of mass effect ltd Ed for the pc is processing from game so that should mean i will either have it tuesday or wednesday.

As soon as i have it ill post up on here and let you know the deal if it works with eyefinity or not but juding on all the details on here so far i doubt it.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2010, 18:14 

Fry's has 3 demo's going right now at various stores. nVidia 3D, Matrox THTG running NFS:Shift and a 295 SLI (that never seems to be running anything).

My point was that on a Friday prior to a Tuesday release, to assume piracy, and more importantly for the discussion, rouge or incomplete bits, is probably not very valuable.

Your points are taken however.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2010, 22:51 
Editors
Editors

On the street date thing... shops breaking street date or etailers shipping early happens all the time - I've personally had at least half a dozen games I've preordered arrive prior to their proper launch day from etailers; ones I can remember are Unreal Tournament 2004, Unreal Tournament 3, Hitman: Blood Money, Crysis & Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. I'm fairly sure that I got NeverWinter Nights, NWN2 and Storm of Zehir through my letterbox before their official release dates, too. UT2004 arrived six days before it's official release.

It happens a lot. I won't argue that there appear to be a lot of people on other forums who have pirated it; we have one poster on this forum who seems to think that if he says it in a "sneaky" way, we won't work it out. However the OP doesn't make mention of acquisition method.

With no burden of proof one way or the other, I would rather err on the side of caution and work on the "innocent until proven guilty" idea that is supposed to be one of the pillars of modern society.

Oh, for the record, the UK release date is the 29th, I haven't had a dispatch e-mail yet. I did check the order progress and it said "packing" this morning. This evening is says "pre-ordered" so perhaps the system had a hiccup. I'm buying ME2 anyway on release day to support the on time release of a PC version, without all this phone-home activation bollocks that I can't stand.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2010, 20:29 

Hello everyone,

Im a new member but far from new to these forums. I just wanted to keep up to date with any fix that this game might get. I was disapointed with the no support out of the box. Im going to hold off playing untell proper Eyefinity support is in place.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next