Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 19:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009, 01:38 
Editors
Editors

Holy crap I just discovered that Stalker demo is Call of Pripyat! HUD matches:

Wow amazing :D

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009, 01:39 

[quote]ATI has a new page up for EyeFinity.

http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/eyefinity/Pages/eyefinity.aspx

Hmmmm...that page seems to contradict what I was told about display symmetry. :?

It seems to be that all the monitors that form an SLS group must be in the same orientation and same size, but the extended monitors can be anything else.

This is the same as how Winblows currently handles dual monitors each monitor can be in any orientation or size and Windows handles it through the display properties.

With Eyefinity the SLS group appears to Windows as a large single monitor, but the extended monitors are seperate displays so can be any orientation or size. i.e. a system with a 3X22" SLS group and 1x24" extended monitor appears to Windows as a normal dual monitor system with one ultra wide 64" monitor and a 24" monitor. At some point ATI may have (speculating here) made the decision to limit it to this to keep overheads to a minimum as splitting the image into equal thirds would take a lot less processing than splitting randomly.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009, 02:14 
Insiders
Insiders

On the CrossFire front... I'm not sure. With EyeFinity, it'd probably be better to run 'one screen per card' if you needed a performance boost, rather than trying to get CrossFire to do it. That way you've only got to worry about the EyeFinity driver situation, rather than needing to worry about both EF and CF. CF scaling might be better than SLI, but it's still not perfect. In theory EF scaling would be perfect. I doubt it will be, as the cards will have to have some cross-talk so that they don't get out of sync, but if done right the EF performance hit for three cards driving three screens and needing to crosstalk would be... what, about 5%? Just to keep frames in sync.

So, for example, if you're doing three screens off one card, rather than going dual card CF, you go tri-card. I want to see a 5870X2 with six of those mini-DisPort adaptors capable of doing EyeFinity properly, though. :D
I hope your right, that means I can get 3 of these cards and put them into my 790i (I cannot do multi card CF, obviously) THAT would be ideal...pray...pray...pray...

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009, 02:19 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote][quote]Just buy the TH2go or wait for the 5870x2 which i should be able to afford.
Just throw all your opinions at me.!

lol forget this th2go. :wink:

Yea well its a fair amount of money, i dont wanna make a mistake :)Even if you don't forget the TH2Go, at least wait until the EyeF is out and fully reviewed

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009, 03:02 
Insiders
Insiders

ATI has a new page up for EyeFinity.

They omited this:

5x1 Portrait Display Group

They mislabeled this:

2x2 Display Group Plus 2 Extended

One would also assume the less popular 4x1 Display Group and 4x1 and 6x1 Portrait Display Group setups would also apply. Any symmetrical combination that doesn't exceed 8192 pixel width.

Here's my desktop at the moment just waiting for the card to be released. :wink:

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009, 04:02 

[quote]The bezel management sounds awesome on the Eyefinity from what ive read.

For Linux, yes. Remember that Windows BM isn't implemented yet. Couple of pics to illustrate:

What size do you think those Samsung monitors were?

I think 22" or 24". I couldn't find any model # or labels on them, and didn't examine them very close. Sorry.

ATI has a new page up for EyeFinity.

Hmmmm...that page seems to contradict what I was told about display symmetry. :?

ok i did noticed from photo

that ther are 2 version of cyprys

rev .03 is display port only

and rev .15 is dp hdmi 2 x dvi

I thought the sticker shots might be appreciated. ;)

I blame the alcohol.

I would to, if I had any. ;)

nice
if you will read crfuly thous stickers you will see that thous cards weare
manufactured 2 and 3 months ago! so ther tic-to proces has ended and they will probably start working on next gen gfx in about next 1 to-3 months OMG!

sorry for my bad english

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009, 04:05 
Insiders
Insiders

nice
manufactured 2 and 3 months ago! so ther tic-to proces has ended and they will probably start working on next gen gfx in about next 1 to-3 months OMG!

Not to cast doubt on that claim, but do we have any pics showing in detail the writing on those "stickers"? Pictures, or else it's all hearsay. :)

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009, 05:17 

[quote]nice

Not to cast doubt on that claim, but do we have any pics showing in detail the writing on those "stickers"? Pictures, or else it's all hearsay. :)

stickers are on photos
production dates are on stickers just rotate them and zoom you will see...

thx to GeneralAdmission

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009, 06:18 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote][quote]nice

stickers are on photos
production dates are on stickers just rotate them and zoom you will see...

thx to GeneralAdmission

Dates are shown as Rev 03 7/13/2009 and Rev 15 8/27/2009:

Keep in mind that it looks like they're still engineering samples and not production cards.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009, 06:33 
Insiders
Insiders

A question for GA, if you can.

Does EF do the 'snap window to monitor edge' like you can do with TH2go? I have my email on the left, web browser/current work in centre, various on the right.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next