Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 10 Sep 2024, 03:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: 29 Oct 2009, 22:35 

You are very welcome, I hope you do not end up with both a Dell and an Apple adapter though. Did you cancel your Dell order?

Here is one reason I felt comfortable ordering the small adapter from Circuit Assembly, print in the description stating:

"Please note, because this is a new cable it has not been tested on every possible configuration of PC to Apple Display. If this cable does not work for your particular situation for any reason we will send a complete refund including shipping cost."

Any company that offers a guarentee like that is worth checking out.

I did not cancel the dell yet for a few reasons:

1) I might need two of em.
2) it might arrive before the apple adapter
3) it might work better than the apple (less cables)
4) I can always return it if I don't need it
5) I could always sell one of em for cost to a less fortunate WSGF member if there is a huge shortage of these adapters once more 5870s, 5890s, 5870x2s hit the market.

6) when the 5870x2s hit I may sell my 5870 and I could make my auction more desireable by including the adapter in the sale.

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2009, 22:40 

All good points, thanks for responding.

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2009, 22:45 

All good points, thanks for responding.

Ahh no problem WSGF has been very good to me!

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2009, 12:29 
Administrators
Administrators

heya guys..

Just thought I'd let you know that I received my accell dual link converter and I am finally running my triple monitor setup...

It took 2 weeks to get the converter via amazon (US to Australia) and the total cost was $180AUD.....Some local suppliers in australia are asking for $270 with 3 week turn around...

Interesting, I didn't think Amazon would ship it to Aus. I ordered one thru Sewell and am expecting quite a wait, when the Due-In-Stock date came, it changed to another 2 weeks down the road.

Might try ordering one thru Amazon again.

EDIT: Just tried it again and no luck, says it cannot ship to Aus. Trying to work out where I am not doing something right here.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2009, 19:41 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]heya guys..

Just thought I'd let you know that I received my accell dual link converter and I am finally running my triple monitor setup...

It took 2 weeks to get the converter via amazon (US to Australia) and the total cost was $180AUD.....Some local suppliers in australia are asking for $270 with 3 week turn around...

Interesting, I didn't think Amazon would ship it to Aus. I ordered one thru Sewell and am expecting quite a wait, when the Due-In-Stock date came, it changed to another 2 weeks down the road.

EDIT: Just tried it again and no luck, says it cannot ship to Aus. Trying to work out where I am not doing something right here.As it says in the first post, when I started this thread there were 4 or 5 Amazon merchants offering through Amazon, some of them shipped internationally.

However, like everywhere else in the planet, they are not available now!

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2009, 00:54 
Administrators
Administrators

As it says in the first post, when I started this thread there were 4 or 5 Amazon merchants offering through Amazon, some of them shipped internationally.

However, like everywhere else in the planet, they are not available now!

Right... so usually you see results that contain a few vendors then?

I don't and have never used Amazon and all I saw when I searched was a general Amazon.com response, not multiple vendors that had their own international shipping policies. Would explain the confusion then.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2009, 15:18 

My Apple adapter showed up yesterday, along with the mini dp to DP adapter. It seems to work fine, this is a good alternative if you cannot get a bizlink unit.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2009, 20:09 

[quote]heya guys..

EDIT: Just tried it again and no luck, says it cannot ship to Aus. Trying to work out where I am not doing something right here.

I ordered on from Dell, but it looked like it was going to take forever, so I then also ordered one from Apple (with the adapter). Well, the apple one is shipping and I just got an email letting me know that the Dell one is now shipping also. I could sell you one of em at cost if you want to figure out what the shipping would be from my location: Pompano Beach, FL 33062 to you.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2009, 00:43 
Administrators
Administrators

[quote][quote]heya guys..

I ordered on from Dell, but it looked like it was going to take forever, so I then also ordered one from Apple (with the adapter). Well, the apple one is shipping and I just got an email letting me know that the Dell one is now shipping also. I could sell you one of em at cost if you want to figure out what the shipping would be from my location: Pompano Beach, FL 33062 to you.
Cheers mate, I'll send you a PM when I finish work!

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2009, 00:59 

Its no problem at all. I received the apple adapter today, so I put it on the side, now all I'm waiting on is the dell and of course my 5870 lol.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next