Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 03:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2010, 17:28 

You may find that you may not be buying any PC games for awhile if you are taking the stance of "eyefinity" or no-game, I will go to my console... well guess what that console supports... one screen at probably a lower res...

Forza 3 for Xbox 360 supports triple screen and does it very well. It has it's own built in bezel management. I think it is the only console game that does though haha.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2010, 20:03 

[quote]
You may find that you may not be buying any PC games for awhile if you are taking the stance of "eyefinity" or no-game, I will go to my console... well guess what that console supports... one screen at probably a lower res...

Forza 3 for Xbox 360 supports triple screen and does it very well. It has it's own built in bezel management. I think it is the only console game that does though haha.

Really? how in the hell do you get 3 screens connected to an xbox 360? Makes me wonder why the developer even bothered.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2010, 20:11 

it's not 3 screens on one console. it's 3 consoles with 3 screens and synced to different viewing angles. that means you need three games, 3 consoles and 3 screens.

one of the consoles works as the master, or host, so that you can use one controller.

It's really on par with people who have tri / xfire 5870 and such. Accept in some cases the 360 setup can be less or more expensive.

ha ha

-Tanshin

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2010, 20:16 

Sitting that close to 720p with little AA would make my brain hurt.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2010, 21:38 

Sitting that close to 720p with little AA would make my brain hurt.

How so it is actually 5760 X 1080 not so bad huh. Have you even played Forza 3 or any console title. It is not as bad as most PC fanboys think. Games are getting a lot better for consoles than they used to be.

This is my setup of Forza 3. And yes it can be cheaper then most High End ATI cards. But this is the only game as of now that works that I know of. I wish more devs would make this happen. It just shows what AAA devs can do compared to well you know.....

I really love Forza 3 and it is an amazing racing game for console. I wish there were pc sims that looked as good as Forza 3 but there isn't.. Yea yea Rfactor iRacing, GTR they all have amazing physics and sound but so does Forza 3.

If you have not played it watch the video review on sim racing tonight. They even make a point to tell pc gamers that consoles have come a long way and are not really on the bottom anymore like people think haha.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2010, 21:59 

forza 2 and 3 are great games. but they clearly lack that PC flare when it comes to detail. Forza 3 foliage anyone? Great game, but consoles will always be behind the PC, and the PC will always be more expensive, as the console will always have lower end hardware. Unless one day we make that cross into Personal Console realm. Upgradeable console parts would be amazing. When that happens, you wont see the PC or console, just the Personal Console made by different manufactures, and Personal console specific games. Good idea though. personally I own both, and most gamers should, as all the best peripherals will be on the PC, and some of the best story driven games will be on consoles.

Turn 10 did a great job with their sim, they will even tell you how they got it as smooth as they did, they got rid of the small details that most simmers don't pay attention to.

Back to the former, ME2 needs better Eyefinity support with proper scaling, sooner then later.

-Tanshin

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2010, 22:42 

How so it is actually 5760 X 1080 not so bad huh.

That would be upscaled of course, not true res. The list of true 1080 games on Xbox is about the size of two fingers.

Have you even played Forza 3 or any console title. It is not as bad as most PC fanboys think. Games are getting a lot better for consoles than they used to be.

I have played a ton of console games of course, and yes the experience is better than it was in the Playstation/SNES days, though I still prefer PC for a ton of reasons. Anyway I never said you can't like the game, I said sitting that close to 720p with little AA would make my brain hurt, which is true. I notice every jaggy at 1080p with 4x4 SSAA on.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2010, 22:50 

[quote]I have played a ton of console games of course, and yes the experience is better than it was in the Playstation/SNES days, though I still prefer PC for a ton of reasons. Anyway I never said you can't like the game, I said sitting that close to 720p with little AA would make my brain hurt, which is true. I notice every jaggy at 1080p with 4x4 SSAA on.

I'm the exact same way, w/ out AA I feel like I'm playing Lego games. *shakefists* damn you Raster graphics.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2010, 02:56 

I never use AA. I don't think it is needed @ such high resolution anyway being 5760X1200 on pc. Console games don't give you the option to adjust AA because all hardware is the same for console. The same with graphic settings so while it might be on some may think it is not. I rarely play a game that is in need of AA.

Back to console games and esp Forza 3 it is a racing game that is very fast paced. It is hard for me to imagine picking out any jaggies. Look at my screen shots do you see any jaggies didn't think so....

And how does not using AA give you a head ache haha. Maybe it is just the games you are playing. Most of the games that I play AA is not even needed.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2010, 16:10 
Editors
Editors

I notice jaggies on every platform I play on. They're by far the worst on any console. I think the 360 does anti-aliasing less well than the PS3, too. My major complaint about consoles is the way motion-blur is way over the top to help disguise the aliasing. (Any racing game or FPS...) Case in point: Star Ocean: The Last Hope on the 360 I notice a fair few jagged edges. Star Ocean: The Last Hope: International on the PS3 isn't as bad. Edges seem smoother.

That being said, 2xAA is usually enough on the PC to stop me noticing it while playing - it's only if I'm no longer engrossed in the game that I really notice jaggies on the PC.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next