Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 07:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2010, 07:09 

Hey guys!

I am new here and thought I would register and share with you the New Sapphire Active DisplayPort to DVI adapter. I picked it up this evening and installed it on the system.

Works like a charm! Now I just have to get use to the Start button all the way to the left. Hope there is a way to fix that. I am attaching some images and currently working on my Youtube video to show it in action!

I am being told by Sapphire Canada that I am the only one in Canada who currently has this unit. They flew it in from Taiwan apparently. He said, I may be the first in North America... Lucky me! LOL. Who says begging doesn't work???

I heard some people saying it's no different then the BizLink solution that's already out. I was told the chip inside is different. I don't really know to be honest... ? Funny thing is this unit says bizlink on the back! LOL

The folks at Sapphire Canada and Comtronic were awesome to deal with. They care aout their consumers and truly believe Eyefinity is the way of the future!

Here's the pics of everything!

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2010, 10:40 

Full report once you do some testing please :cheers

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2010, 15:38 

Report if you find any random blinking in the display connected to it. Thanks :)

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2010, 16:36 

So far it's been running like a top! No issues that I can tell. I watched some video's on youtube where this guy is playing all of the games in 7680 X 1600 resolution and not sure how to get that high. CODMW2 max's out at 5760 X 1080, same with Race 07. Also, wouldn't mind win7 desktop to run at that res... Any ideas?

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2010, 16:53 

That is odd every number on the back of that is the same as my bizlink so they must not have done anything to it other then throw the sticker on it. Sorry to say it but I bet you will experience some flickering or tearing sooner or later. I bet they didn't even test the thing. They prolly just bought a bunch at a bulk discount price and our trying to sell as there own device. Wow this is interesting, how much did the adapter cost?

And the thing that irritates me is that ATI was clearly ok with this because the box has there logo on it. So they must have said sure yea that's fine no big deal. No need to test it because the device prolly works as it is supposed to with other devices. The only reason we are exp problems is because of a driver issue thats my thoughts and opinion.

So answer this anyone. Ok you know the apple adapters and these adapters what were they originally made for. I know the apple one was made to hook up a 30" monitor to some apple book or something. I imagine it works how it was supposed to right. And the dell one this is what it says on the dell website for the description of the one I got. "This DisplayPort™ to Dual-Link DVI Adapter Cable from Dell™ is used to connect DisplayPort output from your Dell systems to the Dual-Link DVI input of your Dell UltraSharp 3007WFP monitor." So I imagine the device is fine.

So the real problem is either

A. Driver issue
B. The Display Port output on card is not outputting correctly like other devices that use Display port do. Like a macbook or the dell referenced above.

So what is it Dave?

Edit:

Ohh yea sorry forgot to mention you can go into Catalyst and go to desktops & displays.

There you will see your 3 monitors. The one with the star is your main monitor. So identify all see which monitor is what. Then change the one you want to main display. then if the layout is wrong. You can then swap side monitors by selecting one of the side monitors and saying swap. Then click the monitor you want to swap it with.

That is what I did till I got the layout right where the mouse was right. My wallpaper however was not right. Even though my mouse worked correctly between screens my far right monitor was actually showing the what should have been the far left wallpaper section. I had to open my wallpaper in photoshop and edit it. I think this is because I had to swap monitors.

But yea mess around with it I have my center monitor as the main. Here is what mine looks like now.

Note: this would also be a good test because you might start exp flashing once you go into Catalyst.

So far it's been running like a top! No issues that I can tell. I watched some video's on youtube where this guy is playing all of the games in 7680 X 1600 resolution and not sure how to get that high. CODMW2 max's out at 5760 X 1080, same with Race 07. Also, wouldn't mind win7 desktop to run at that res... Any ideas?

What size monitors are you using. If you are using 24" 5760 X 1200 is your max res.

Mod Edit: Merged your posts. Use this ... it's your friend.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2010, 18:24 

Where did you purchase it from?
How much did it cost?

I was told by Sapphire that it would be available by the "end of this week" on newegg.com, but it is not there yet.

Have you set up your Eyefinity yet? Is there any flickering or abnormal behavior?

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2010, 18:53 

So far no issues. The system is running awesome! No flickering, no flashing. It's like one giant monitor from left to right. Still having issues trying to figure out how to have the start button controls on the middle screen.

I use to use Ultramon and loved all the features it had. Not sure if there is something like this on the market. Playing CODMW2 is incresible with three screens. Going to be installing BF2 now.... Can't wait to fly the chopper! :)

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2010, 21:03 

So far no issues. The system is running awesome! No flickering, no flashing. It's like one giant monitor from left to right. Still having issues trying to figure out how to have the start button controls on the middle screen.

I use to use Ultramon and loved all the features it had. Not sure if there is something like this on the market. Playing CODMW2 is incresible with three screens. Going to be installing BF2 now.... Can't wait to fly the chopper! :)

A couple post up I told you how to do that.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2010, 22:40 

[quote]So far no issues. The system is running awesome! No flickering, no flashing. It's like one giant monitor from left to right. Still having issues trying to figure out how to have the start button controls on the middle screen.

A couple post up I told you how to do that.

I think he is talking about having the start button on the center screen in Eyefinity, not extended desktop. BTW Ultramon fixes the issue you have with your wallpaper - no need to photoshop it.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2010, 22:53 

I tried bowenac, but I don't have the swap command. There is no option. The computer believes the monitors are one. So no swap command.