Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Oct 2024, 05:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2010, 14:52 

hello all.

Recently i have seen that the HD5870 required a BIOS update from ati so that the Display Port single strength was increased, inturn stopping the famous flickering that happens on the 3rd monitor running a DP to DVI-D active converter.

Is there an Bios Update for the Sapphire OC HD5970 that will do the same? or is it already flashed to the newest one?

I'm basically building a large research file of problems and solutions incase i come across any issues when i finally get my 5970 in the post (TODAY!!!)

Thanks people

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2010, 23:13 

I got my Sapphire 5970 3 weeks ago. It had the newest bios available at the time. With a dp monitor I have not had one dropout on my screen.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2010, 11:10 
Editors
Editors

Hmm I have flickering/tearing on 2 screens but wonder if its the same issue.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2010, 14:00 

Well i have just pluged it in and amd useing 2 DVI-D monitors on it at the moment.

Bo flickering or issues to speak of.

i have a passive Mini DP to DVI adapter here im now going to try for the hell of it.

still waiting on the Active one from amazon

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2010, 06:30 

@phoenix

since you are gathering a database of issues, fixes, etc., and seem to have had some similar issues, perhaps you can (or anyone else!) help me with two problems with my 2x 5970's that I am still having. Note that I am using three brand new Dell U2410 native DP monitors, and the passive mini-DP to DP adapter cable supplied by Sapphire.

a) the DP connected monitor only displays in black and white in Eyefinity, and this is the case no matter which of the three displays I use.

b) I cannot, in spite of already installing CCC 9.12 and the hotfix, engage crossfire and eyefinity at the same time, even though the 9.12 hotfix was specifically supposed to enable this. I can have one or the other, but not both.

Thanks for any thoughts.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2010, 11:09 

@phoenix

since you are gathering a database of issues, fixes, etc., and seem to have had some similar issues, perhaps you can (or anyone else!) help me with two problems with my 2x 5970's that I am still having. Note that I am using three brand new Dell U2410 native DP monitors, and the passive mini-DP to DP adapter cable supplied by Sapphire.

a) the DP connected monitor only displays in black and white in Eyefinity, and this is the case no matter which of the three displays I use.

b) I cannot, in spite of already installing CCC 9.12 and the hotfix, engage crossfire and eyefinity at the same time, even though the 9.12 hotfix was specifically supposed to enable this. I can have one or the other, but not both.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Hi there.

Can you enable eyefinity at all? Un crossfired.

Crossfire does not work well at the moment, i would hold out till ATI get there act into gear and that should be soon.

I have recently purchased a Native DP HP Lenovo L2240X LED monitor to play with DP with, but my DP cable was not in box so had to order one that should be here today.

I will see what colour i get.

After checking i may have a solution, The cable supplyed with the cards are not the best, you could try an Apple Mini DP to DP? Or other brand? the ones that come with sapphire are cheap bog standerd ones unfortunatly.

I have found my new monitor very annoying as when you put something bright on the screen it automatically reduces the brightness to #2save" my eyes lol
Not an issue apart from my other 24"'s dont do this :P

Once i have DP hooked up i will let you know my experiance of DP mate.

Also if i come across anything about the black and white specific problem i will post on here