Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 19:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Help me fix GRID
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2010, 09:59 

GRID won't play with Eyefinity resolutions. It lets me select them in the menu, but then the game restarts to apply the changes and either crashes back to desktop or gets stuck on the intro screen.

There a lots of videos showing GRID being played on Eyefinity setups so I assume it works. What am I doing wrong? I've downloaded and patched the game to 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3. I've also tried both 10.2 and 10.3 beta drivers. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Intel i7 975 @ 4GHz
Classified 760 mobo
OCZ 6GB Blades
XFX 5970 Black Edition
Dell 3008WFP x3 7680x1600

Post subject: Re: Help me fix GRID
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2010, 10:18 
Administrators
Administrators

I found GRID would crash like that when an unsupported resolution is selected and attempted to be restarted. The other thing was the Aspect ratio selected and Vertical sync possibly. Try toggling them thru their settings?

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2010, 23:44 

for me personally, I found that any loading screen in GRID runs like total crap with an AA settings greater than 2X. It quadruples all load times for me if using more than 2x. So you can either drop to 2x or below, or you just have to sit through them. I've been running at 5760x1200 with 2X with no problems with crossfired 5850s. Once you actually get to the race, it will run fine with 4 and 8x AA, its just waiting the two minutes for each round to load. Hope this helps. Also, I'm using the beta 10.3

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2010, 05:10 

for me personally, I found that any loading screen in GRID runs like total crap with an AA settings greater than 2X. It quadruples all load times for me if using more than 2x. So you can either drop to 2x or below, or you just have to sit through them. I've been running at 5760x1200 with 2X with no problems with crossfired 5850s. Once you actually get to the race, it will run fine with 4 and 8x AA, its just waiting the two minutes for each round to load. Hope this helps. Also, I'm using the beta 10.3

thanks for the advice. that was exactly the problem. when setting eyefinity resolutions, the game automatically set AA to 2X for some reason, even when I set it to none. I had to modify the XML file but once I did, the game loaded up fine.

I also had to modify the preset file so the game would recognize my G27 wheel. But now everything is groovy. thanks again