Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Jun 2024, 01:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 00:16 

I have been bumping a thread constantly over at the official forums to get a response from anyone working at bioware about the issue between Mass Effect 2 and ultra-wide resolutions. After almost 2 weeks this was accomplished; however, they will not be implementing any patch for eyefinity, softth, or TH2GO.
Hey,

While ATI's EyeFinity product is really cool, BioWare did not commit to supporting it on Mass Effect 2.

The link to the PC Games Hardware article posted by boredtotears001 does not quote a specific ATI or BioWare rep, so I can't really comment on it. The link to the image posted by noquarter7 is a list of *potential* titles and developers from an ATI slide presentation, not an actual list of supported titles. See the ATI rep's comments in this thread:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=18199

That being said, we did investigate the possibility of adding this support in a patch. Unfortunately, what we found indicates that it would not be a quick or simple change. Therefore, we can’t add EyeFinity support to Mass Effect 2 at this time. Should that change in the future, we will let you know.

Thanks!

Don M

Source: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/106/index/1533069/2#1632771

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 00:34 

I have been bumping a thread constantly over at the official forums to get a response from anyone working at bioware about the issue between Mass Effect 2 and ultra-wide resolutions. After almost 2 weeks this was accomplished; however, they will not be implementing any patch for eyefinity, softth, or TH2GO.
Hey,

While ATI's EyeFinity product is really cool, BioWare did not commit to supporting it on Mass Effect 2.

The link to the PC Games Hardware article posted by boredtotears001 does not quote a specific ATI or BioWare rep, so I can't really comment on it. The link to the image posted by noquarter7 is a list of *potential* titles and developers from an ATI slide presentation, not an actual list of supported titles. See the ATI rep's comments in this thread:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=18199

That being said, we did investigate the possibility of adding this support in a patch. Unfortunately, what we found indicates that it would not be a quick or simple change. Therefore, we can’t add EyeFinity support to Mass Effect 2 at this time. Should that change in the future, we will let you know.

Thanks!

Don M

Source: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/106/index/1533069/2#1632771

FUDGE!!!!! :cry:

I am REALLY sad that it won't be receiving a patch for EF support, but I know it's a great game and I am looking forward to playing it. I know Bioware worked their butts off on it, so I guess it's time to install and play. *Fingers crossed for ME3*

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 02:05 

Very very sad to hear =(
Thanks for your effort tho, much better to know that its not comming than sitting here waiting. ( I just died a little :cry: )

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 06:50 
Insiders
Insiders

Not a quick or simple change = more than 10 lines of code, so we don't want to do it.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 08:15 

Very disappointing.

Even more frustrating knowing that there are UE3 games out there that do properly support triplewide display configurations.

They still haven't properly fixed the dragon age pop-in issues with ultrawide displays.. it is beginning to become clear that Bioware is not as dedicated to their customers as we would have liked to think.

This will be the last Bioware title I buy for a while.. and the last time I trust any information promotional or otherwise on an AMD/ATI presentation slide.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 08:51 
Editors
Editors

Gah, man I started playing ME1 from start because I never beat it just so that I could have the proper background ready for ME2 and also to wait for this patch (that I thought was promised?) now that I see ME2 wont have it I am going to drop the series.

There is no sense in spending time on one screen when I have 5 other games on standby that do work with eyefinity. So yeah they got my money for ME1 but the wont get my money for ME2 till I see the support I want.

So who gets my money?

Not bioware for now, and I am still waiting for you guys to properly fix Dragon Age!

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 10:58 
Editors
Editors

I'm left confused. "Potential titles"... wot? ATi must have been told something by Bioware in order to put Mass Effect 2 on the slide in the first place... I doubt very much they'd base stuff like that on "dreams" and "wishful thinking"...

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 22:29 

bah, i just installed it on my laptop, gave up hope for Eyefinity support. heh

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2010, 03:43 

I'm left confused. "Potential titles"... wot? ATi must have been told something by Bioware in order to put Mass Effect 2 on the slide in the first place... I doubt very much they'd base stuff like that on "dreams" and "wishful thinking"...

Yeah im with you on that one.. seems very suspicious and unlikely that they would do that without any sort of confirmation.. So whos lieing, Bioware or Ati? :P

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2010, 10:58 
Editors
Editors

I doubt either of them are lying, per se... more likely wires got crossed. Of course, it's not impossible that assumptions were made on both sides, as well...