Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 09:45

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2010, 03:37 

So I have 10.3a installed and working with my 5970 Eyefinity setup. I created 3 profiles in CCC (1. No Eyefinity, 2. Eyefinity w/o BC, 3. Eyefinity w/BC). I can successfully switch the profiles after creation from CCC. Once I close CCC and try to switch profiles from the task tray icon CCC crashes everytime. I then have to go into CCC and rebuild my 3 profiles. Is anyone else having this issue?

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2010, 08:49 
Insiders
Insiders

Did you do a full uninstall of any previous CCC and driver software? Do you have nay firewalls blocking drier permissions? Other than that, I dunno. It always works for me. Well, mine doesn't crash, but the profiels won't load half the time, but are always saved properly.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2010, 22:47 

I did a full uninstall and ran driver sweeper afterwards before installing 10.3a. I have windows firewall turned off and nothing else should be blocking it. Like I said I can switch profiles IN CCC but as soon as I close CCC and try from the tray icon it crashes.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2010, 06:10 
Insiders
Insiders

Odd. Good thing there's more than one way to open CCC. I went suppose soemtign may have farted during the install. Maybe a simple re-install?

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2010, 12:22 

before 10.3's profile switching wouldn't work at all. Now if I'm in Eyefinity I can go to extended desktop, but not the other way around. One of these years they'll get it right...

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2010, 00:03 

Odd. Good thing there's more than one way to open CCC. I went suppose soemtign may have farted during the install. Maybe a simple re-install?

Tried the reinstall, even did a full on remove/wash/install routine and it didn't fix it.

before 10.3's profile switching wouldn't work at all. Now if I'm in Eyefinity I can go to extended desktop, but not the other way around. One of these years they'll get it right...

Yea i'm pretty much in the camp of as long as I am "IN" CCC it works, but as soon as I try to do it from the tray icon it crashes.