Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 11:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: OH GOD NOT AGAIN.
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 07:10 

In January I picked up a 5870. I ended up flashing it's bios with the bios that Dave posted on page 6 in the forum for blinking monitors, and it fixed my problem and for a good 3 months straight I had no issues. Well I recently went to a lan party and won a i7-975, so I picked up an ASUS P6X58D motherboard to stick it in and reinstalled windows. I'm loving my new quad core and wouldn't dream of going back, but after a couple weeks of having the quad core in the computer today, IT HAPPENED. The damn screen flashed again. Not once, but a few times within a 2-3 hour period. I want to rip my eyeballs out. Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix it now that I've installed the new motherboard, because if you guys don't, I'm just going to save up money over the summer break and buy three U2410 monitors and be done with this bullshit.

Post subject: Re: OH GOD NOT AGAIN.
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2010, 12:28 

Meh its just the ATI card.... Mine do it all the time ive got the same mobo and an ATI 5850 and i7 920. Does it mostly when using "overdrive" settings. The latest 10.5 leak fixes it 99.9% of the time.

Enjoy :cheers

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=319691