Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 06:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2011, 05:14 

So ever since I installed the 11.11 drivers BF3 would give me black screens if I tried to play it in eyefinity. The game would start, but my displays would all turn on and off as I got a sound of a device connecting and reconnecting, and this would keep up until I went back into single monitor mode. Since it was confined only to BF3 I figured it must have been a problem with that game and didn't really think much of it.

However, ever since upgrading to 11.12 I got the same issue in Shogun 2 as well. So I reinstalled and wiped with ATIman uninstaller as someone suggested, only to have the problem even worse. Now Hard Reset also gave me the same issue (whereas it was fine in the past). However, in these games the problem was a lot less severe. The black screens would only occur after several minutes of playing instead of instantly, and there was a lot more time in between the black screens.

So then I figured "maybe it's a problem with 11.12" and upgraded to 12.1 preview instead. And now EVERY SINGLE GAME I have is doing this. Arkham City, for example, which was fine until today, is now black screening. Everything is fine as long as I play in single monitor mode, it's only trying to use all three monitors that causes problems.

I have 2x 6970s (neither are OC'd), 3x Dell U2311H monitors, this MDP to DVI adapter (http://www.amazon.com/Accell-B087B-006B-DisplayPort-Single-Link-Certified/dp/B004071ZXA/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1318379998&sr=8-5) for one of the monitors (the other two are connected via DVI), and an i7 930 OC'd to 4GHz. My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and as stated already my drivers are 12.1 preview.