Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 15:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012, 21:30 

Hi all,

New here and also new to setting up multi monitors...

I have 2 x Sapphire HD 6850s in Xfire, and Im trying to run 3 monitors, 1 x BenQ XL2410T, and 2 x Acer S243HLs, I have 2 running off both DVIs on the one card, and they are working fine, however for the third I have a Dell/Bizlink Active Dual-Link DP2DVI adapter, and I cant get it to work properly. I originally had this going to my BenQ, which I have as my middle screen, but after playing around I now have it connected to one of the Acers... Initially I was getting nothing on the screen at all, the monitor going into sleep mode because of no signal. Then after playing around, I found that the desktop became visible when I set the resolution to 800x600. And Ive tried putting the frequency up to 75Hz, and this gets me up to 1152 x 864, but as soon as I go any higher, the screen goes off again.

Ive tried connecting the USB into an HTC mains adaptor as I read it could be that the Bizlink needed more current, however that was exactly the same.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a chance the adaptor could be faulty?...

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2012, 01:18 

My guess is a faulty adapter, I had this problem and buying a new one temporarily fixed the problem. Now i have other problems -.-