Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Jul 2024, 08:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2012, 19:11 

Not sure why, but i have no way of setting the Bezel Compensation - i feel like my driver/ccc install is somewhat incomplete, as when i create an Eyefinity group - it seems always "remember" the last time i created one - i have no way of changing its settings

Am i looking in the wrong place?

Using 12.2 Preview Drivers and newest CAP3 - is it safe to "downgrade" to 11.x and then go back up...

Also If i switch back to extended and go to create a new Eyefinity group, the resulting screen isnt combined - each screen is a duplicate, but i get an option to increase the resolution to 5760x1080 and at that point the screens combine...

But still no way to set bezel and other things to Eyefinity group - i only have Enable/Disable - i can hit Apply a thousand times and nothing really happens

At this point im kind of stuck - i cant edit the Eyefinity group, set bezel compensation, Hydragrid doesnt do anything (does it work in Eyefinity)...ive driversweeper reinstalled a dozen times...

Thanks for any advice guys - driving me insane, hopefully im just doing something stupid

Radeon 6970 in Crossfire
2xDVI
1xminiDP -> DVI Active Adapter

Post subject: SOLVED IT.After numerous
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2012, 06:36 

SOLVED IT.

After numerous reinstalls, uninstalls with Disksweeper, Safemode uninstalls, repairs of .NET4, reinstall of .NET4 - I finally fixed it by doing the following.

1) Uninstall Radeon 6900 using normal uninstaller, reboot.

2) Windows Reinstalls from saved backup somewhere

3) Delete all TEMP directorors (eg C:WindowsTemp C:UserTemp, etc)

4) Uninstall Radeon 6900 drivers from Device Manager

5) Use DriverSweeper

6) Reboot

7) Reinstall drivers normally.

After that everything behaved normally. Bezel compensation was available, Hydragrid, everything.

I'm guessing the Windows temp files were being used or corrupted or something, as it was really the only thing different from driversweeper/.net4 repair/reinstall i was normally doing.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2012, 11:05 
Administrators
Administrators

Thank you for reporting back with your solution. :)

| Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WiFi Skt2011 | i7 4820k @4.4GHz Watercooled (Ivy Bridge-E) | Corsair Vengence 32GB @2133MHz 11-11-11-27 2T Quad-Channel (8x4GB) | AMD R9-Fury-X 4GB @1140/505MHz + EKWB Watercooled | 256GB Crucial MX200 SSD | 8x 1TB Samsung F3 SATA-II | Corsair 850W TX PSU | 3x Dell S2209W 22"wide TFT's (5760x1080res) | Logitech Z-5400 5.1ch speakers | Win7 Ultimate x64 |