Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 09 Jul 2024, 01:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2008, 07:41 

Well, bad news. At least for me. The 4320x900 is fine on the desktop, but all my games flash when I use it. So this isn't a confirmed fix I guess. So much for flawless, lol.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2008, 07:58 

Well, bad news. At least for me. The 4320x900 is fine on the desktop, but all my games flash when I use it. So this isn't a confirmed fix I guess. So much for flawless, lol.

Could that just be a refresh rate or timing issue?

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2008, 08:40 

Well, went through that whole process step by step and it accomplished nothing. My TH2G shows 1440x900 as available for a 1 or 2 monitor resolution, but not for a 3.

I just don't understand why this isn't working. The software and firmware is up to date, everything shows as being connected and capable of running the supported resolutions.

Even the compatibility tool says I should be running 4320x900. :(

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2008, 09:11 

Tallon,

I'm not sure if this helps, but when I actually got the modes working on my older drivers, they were not selectable in the "Edit Mode list" (meaning I could not add them as a saved resolution) They were however available for selection if you choose the Matrox GXM setup..., and click the "Change" button. Made no sense to me since I thought you could only change between the saved resolutions, but if you look carefully on the Matrox website, the screenshots they show in the How To, indicate the same thing.

Seems like something is going on in the software to force the resolution in the unit itself, just a guess. Either way, it seems like it was released in a less than finished state, kind of confirmed by Matrox's own screenshots.

Maybe it's worth taking a look at least, if you haven't already checked.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2008, 09:52 

Tallon,

I'm not sure if this helps, but when I actually got the modes working on my older drivers, they were not selectable in the "Edit Mode list" (meaning I could not add them as a saved resolution) They were however available for selection if you choose the Matrox GXM setup..., and click the "Change" button. Made no sense to me since I thought you could only change between the saved resolutions, but if you look carefully on the Matrox website, the screenshots they show in the How To, indicate the same thing.

Seems like something is going on in the software to force the resolution in the unit itself, just a guess. Either way, it seems like it was released in a less than finished state, kind of confirmed by Matrox's own screenshots.

Maybe it's worth taking a look at least, if you haven't already checked.

Not there

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2008, 00:57 

Thanks so much to Matrox support. This fixed my issue. I'm shocked that one DVI port on my video card supports this resolution, but the other does not.

Hi Carlos,

Can you try the following:

1. uninstall ATI driver
2. uninstall Power Desk SE
3. change the DVI port of your graphic card (switch to the second one)
4. install ATI driver
5. install Power Desk SE

There is some information from ATI that the ports on those cards are not the same and will not act the same.
This procedure is the only way to verify this and invoke the changes.
Let me know what happens.
Regards,

Trpimir
MGI Technical Support Representative
Matrox Graphics Inc.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2008, 16:04 

Wow, good to know.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2008, 00:11 
Founder
Founder

Made this a sticky, and changed the title.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2008, 04:52 
Insiders
Insiders

Any word on when the ATI cards will support 3x1680x1050?

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2008, 00:53 

I still can't get it to work with my 4870 X2... I'm assuming it's because it's so new....

Update:
Well, I finally got it to show up under "Change" and got it to be selectable in the "Display Settings".

The odd part is if I set it in "Display Settings" in sets it to 800x600 on only one monitor. And if I go into the Catalyst Control Center and try to set it there it automatically reverts back to 3840x800, and if I try and force it, it does the same.

Also, I had 2, 4870 X2s, in Crossfire and once I turned that off it showed up. So I'm thinking Quad-Fire isn't supported, but still can't figure out why it'd not let me use that resolution at all. :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next