Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Oct 2024, 20:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: who needs casings...
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2008, 05:32 

please insert all noob rastoring here as I currently don't have enough screens to fill ye' ol triple head yet. Also, I momentarily looked around for this topic, but didn't find it.

If I need a clubbing over the head to get me in the right direction, please feel free...

I want to setup a wide screen system without the gap in between the screens (is it called Bezel, bedazzle?)

Some of the videos show no gap, and I can only assume it's because it's captured off the video card, etc.

can I take a casing off a monitor, or will I electrocute myself (again...) Or, is there a better monitor model to get the screens closer together.

Anyway, thanks to all for the time,

ern

Post subject: reply
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2008, 07:10 

Those videos/pictures were print screens so they look seemless. For the monitor bezels, there may be some LCD's that are thinner. The bezels may seem annoying at first but you'll get used to it. Don't bother cutting the monitor.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2008, 07:58 
Editors
Editors

I moved this to the appropriate section. :)

There are some screens premade that don't have any gaps but I believe they cost a fortune.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2008, 09:19 
Editors
Editors

Hello and welcome to the forum ... 8)

Have a read of this ... http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/7185

sizerkozak here on the forum did try modding some screens to remove the bezel ... but couldn't completely remove them ... http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/7209
His pictures are missing for me in the thread but you can see them here ... http://www.mikevanelst.com/monitorproject/

All that work and your still left with these gaps ... it doesn't seem worth it to me.

There are some really expensive seamless monitors to be found out there but most won't do 5040x1050 and it they did they would be really really expensive ... :P

Also have a look at this Poll ... only 83 votes but still some indication of what people think of the gaps/bars between the screens ...
As you will see the large majority people that have a TH2G setup do not have a problem with the gaps/bars.
Only people a very few people that do not have experience of the TH2G had a big problem with the bars/gaps between the screens ... http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/7187t=gaps

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2008, 17:29 

with even dual monitors you stop seeing the gaps. I imagine it would be the same with 3. I truely hope to try it out one day! :)

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2008, 22:56 

I've tried 3 monitors without a th2g and the bezels do bother me. At work all the workstations also have 3 screens so I know they bother me even when not gaming too.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2008, 01:22 
Founder
Founder

I've tried 3 monitors without a th2g and the bezels do bother me. At work all the workstations also have 3 screens so I know they bother me even when not gaming too.

What size are the monitors?

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2008, 03:17 

At work, 17 or 19" crts not sure which.

Mine are a 42/23" combo, I used dual inputs side by side on the 42 with the 23" as 3rd monitor so I only have 1.5 bezels and not 2 and they still bothered me. I was mainly seeing if there was any point to me considering a th2g rig. End result is no, not as long as I have bezels between screens.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2008, 11:57 

i was wondering if someone could come up with a prism type corner piece that would take the image and move it out a little-- basically covering the bezel... I have been thinking for a while this would work...

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2008, 13:04 

At work, 17 or 19" crts not sure which.

Mine are a 42/23" combo, I used dual inputs side by side on the 42 with the 23" as 3rd monitor so I only have 1.5 bezels and not 2 and they still bothered me. I was mainly seeing if there was any point to me considering a th2g rig. End result is no, not as long as I have bezels between screens.

Yeah dude, looking at a single CRT would bother me. Do I don't blame yer.