Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 12:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2009, 03:24 

Hello,

I hope this question is clear. I am trying to figure out if it is possible for me to run 3 monitors on my pc, and also use the 3 monitors on my Macbook Pro?? (Obviously switching between them)

Also, I am not sure how this stuff works, but is it possible to use only 1 of the monitors at a given time? For instance I play a lot of FPS games and would only want to use the single screen in the middle for that purpose.

I hope this makes sense!

Brad

PS... I am running a QX9770 @ 4.0. 8 Gigs ram @1800. Dual GTX280's.
All watercooled.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2009, 07:58 

Hello,

I hope this question is clear. I am trying to figure out if it is possible for me to run 3 monitors on my pc, and also use the 3 monitors on my Macbook Pro?? (Obviously switching between them)

Also, I am not sure how this stuff works, but is it possible to use only 1 of the monitors at a given time? For instance I play a lot of FPS games and would only want to use the single screen in the middle for that purpose.

I hope this makes sense!

Brad

PS... I am running a QX9770 @ 4.0. 8 Gigs ram @1800. Dual GTX280's.
All watercooled.

Mac OS X V10.4 is compatible as per back of the box. Dose the laptop have a DVI output? And yes you can set the center screen for your FPS games.

Post subject: rply
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2009, 15:44 

Yes you can use the 3 monitors using your pc and your laptop. But you will have to be changing the connections physically each time.

If you want to use only 1 monitor when gaming, change the resolution of your game to that of a single monitor and the 2 other monitors will just be black.

Post subject: Re: rply
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2009, 21:34 

Yes you can use the 3 monitors using your pc and your laptop. But you will have to be changing the connections physically each time.

Why would you have to change the connection each time when there are two inputs on the DTH2G?
I have two desktops and would like to use both with the DTH2G, my monitors have a source button to switch between input devices. My DTH2G and two new monitors are being shipped to me right now. I think it should work ok to use the analog input on the DTH2G for my 2nd desktop.
I was just curious if switching between two desktops would run ok or would it not work, also one computer is XP and the other is Vista.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2009, 22:49 

I haven't tried this... but why not use a KVM w/ Video to switch back and forth?