Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 09:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: I think my TH2G died
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2010, 04:00 

So how have people fared in dealing with Matrox for a warranty replacement? They haven't exactly jumped on my online request for help.

I need to retract this snipe at Matrox. After a few days wait for them to respond they authorized an RMA and an offer for an immediate replacement. All via their website support page. Never spoke to a soul.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2010, 10:58 
Editors
Editors

they authorized an RMA and an offer for an immediate replacement.

Cool :wink:

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2010, 12:10 

Thinks for your help. I was kind of lost as to what to do to try to revive it.

PostPosted: 21 May 2010, 11:40 

K try to do this :

1- Connect one monitor to the PC. Keep the matrox adapter completely disconnected from your PC (video and USB).
2- Uninstall the Matrox Powerdesk.
3- Uninstall your video drivers. Reboot.
4- Run Driver Sweeper (youll find it at guru3d.com) and delete all foders, files and entries related to Nvidia GFX and PhysX. Reboot.
5- Install the Nvidia driver of your preference (195.62 here, runs prefectly fine at 5040x1050). Reboot.
6- Connect only the USB cable of the matrox adapter to the PC and run a firmware update, even if you have already done that before(latest file, i think its v2.3.40.t6.56, youll find it at matrox website).
7- Reboot when asked.
8- After logging in, turn off the PC, only then connect the two monitors to the matrox adapter (and the matrox to the your GPU, keeping the USB connected) and turn on the PC.
9- Install the latest matrox powerdesk.

I had a similar problem yesterday (but running 3 monitors) and that fixed for me. :rockout

Hello sorry to barge in like this but i recently got a matrox triplehead2go digital and 3 widescreen 22" monitors max resolution 1680x1050 i believe since the matrox site said that that was the maximum i can get with 3 monitors attached.

i had tryed any thing to get teh mth2gd to work evrything failed then i came across this site and found a post that is mentioned above and i thought well why not try it . so i did

Step 1 check ok
Step 2 check ok
Step 3 check ok
Step 4 check ok
Step 5 check ok to be safe i downloaded the 195.62 driver
Step 6 partialy Connect only the USB cable of the matrox adapter to the PC check ok
Step 6 part 2 run a firmware update, even if you have already done that before(latest file, i think its v2.3.40.t6.56, youll find it at matrox website).
step 6 part 3 downloaded it and run the program check ok
step 6 part 4 after clicking ok i got the following message/error

But first I also made a backup of the firmware as requemended by the product it worked, made a nice back up only using the usb cable connected to the pc witch resulted in a
nice .pkg file

so i can safely asume that my matrox product is working

then after clicking on the install firmware part i got the following message on my screen

The selected package is valid for your Matrox product click "OK" to continue. Estimated time of operation is 0 minute(s) and 59 second(s)
all in white text

The Firmware of your matrox product is about to be updated please close any running programs before you continu. Check ok
Warning, changing resolutions or working with any running programs during this operation may result in damage to yourmatrox product.
all in RED text

but then when i click teh ok button i get the following error

An error occured while executing the operation please restart the application and try again.
when i click ok it restarts my pc.

So my question is what am i doing wrong ?
i also tryed the next steps of your guide

Step 7 check ok
Step 8 check ok

then when i boot the pc up again and take a look at the windows nvidia display options it shows my original monitor i have on my grafics card and a version thats very wide the one that i find in pictures about setting up the multiple monitor desktop .

It also shows the 2 names of the monitor i use my own a 26" Fujitsy Siemens Computers AMILO LSL 3260W and the other is the matrox triplehead2go digital name
so for some reason i can also asume again that my GXM is ok.

if i try the instalation software thats coming with my gxm that also works until i end up at step 2 the message saying conect the dvi cable etc etc to gxm or whas it gmx and then i need to click detect sometimes it says detecting matrox something and stays that way n ever stops detecting and sometimes it doesent say anything but the fact is
there are still 2 red crosses.

so anyhelp would be apriciated since i spend a fortune to finaly get my triple monitor setup becouse of not only getting the GXM but also 3 monitors :P

here are the following specs i use

homebuild pc with

a asus pq5 something MotherBoard
a intel dual quadcore q6600 at 2.2 something Ghz
2x 2 gb ddr2 800mhz in dual channel setup
a Asus ENGTX260 TOP with 896 mb on board and 2 dvi ports since this is recent card i asume that its fully dual dvi compatible atleast the matrox test program that looks at my video card gives me a 100 % ok all items are compatible.
and a enermax 620 w powerunit

i have a 26" fujitsu siemens computer amilo lsl 3260w conected on the lower of the 2 dvi ports also tryed the first dident make any diffrence
i also have a Matrox Triplehead2go digital GXM witch came with the following data installed

Model Matrox Triplehead2go
Serial number KFG35275
Firmware 2.03.040
eeprom 6.56
VPP firmware N/A

and 3 brand new monitors Asus VW255NL witch have 1 analog conector and a dvi conector max resolution for these monitors is 1680x1050 perfect for the matrox
the dvi cables that came with it are not fully pinned , the info i got on dvi stated that it can be a digital signal only or a analog/digital combo with are only the 4 small ins around teh big horizontal pin.

but these dvi cable's also are missing afew pins in teh middle i will try to make a model of it
... ...
_ ... ...
... ...
Edit / looked the pin defination up and found out that the monitor cables only miss the second digital link witch is not needed for the output on the mt2go dig. since its only used for cables that are attached to a dvi-i duel link conector like the one that goes into the mt2go dig. from my video card right ?

or do i need a fully pinned dvi cable ?

i can safely asume that thats not necesary since these are the original cables with the monitor and right now since thers no output from the 3 connectors on teh GXM right now becouse i cant firmware anyway.

i tryed to put the monitors in a 4.3 resolution by conecting them to my other port and using the menu i put them on dvi instead of analog but that dident work to

right now my brains are almost at the boiling point :P
so any idees i did see that the dvi cable between the gpu and the GMX is also not pinned compleetly it nly misses the 4 pins around the big horizontal pin

thx in advance

if this post is abit long sorry for that but i tryed to exactly explain what i tryed and what happend
if its against the rules my apolegize for it
oh if you see spelling errors sorry for that to english is not my primary languages i am from HOLLAND :P

oh if there are other people from Holland on this board it would be great to get in contackt with them since its abit more easy for me to explain what i did to them .

Sincerely

Jean Paul Massaut
Groningen, Groningen
The Netherland's

PostPosted: 22 May 2010, 15:02 

i had tryed any thing to get teh mth2gd to work evrything failed

What do you mean?... "everything failed"

then when i boot the pc up again and take a look at the windows nvidia display options it shows my original monitor i have on my grafics card and a version thats very wide the one that i find in pictures about setting up the multiple monitor desktop .

It also shows the 2 names of the monitor i use my own a 26" Fujitsy Siemens Computers AMILO LSL 3260W and the other is the matrox triplehead2go digital name

So you have the TH2G and the 26" monitor both plugged into the video card at the same time?

Try just the TH2G. Maybe having both plugged in messes up the detection process.

PostPosted: 22 May 2010, 17:38 

[quote]
i had tryed any thing to get teh mth2gd to work evrything failed

What do you mean?... "everything failed"

So you have the TH2G and the 26" monitor both plugged into the video card at the same time?

Try just the TH2G. Maybe having both plugged in messes up the detection process.

well i did try your sugestion but that dident work also :P

but i am a making progress right now the following has happened.

first i want to make clear by asking if the following data from my matrox triple2go digital is the latest firmware

when i start the firmware program to check what the installed firmware is

model Matrox Triplehead2go
serial number KFG35275
Firmware 2.03.040
EEPROM 6.56
VPP Firmware N/A

acording to the latest file i downloaded THD_u015_v2.3.40.t6.56.exe is exactly all the numbers that my TH2GD is giving me
could anybody confirm with his th2gd if this is exactly the same data ?

oki now on to what i have acomplished

after starting the latest matrox setup wizard the following happened

step 1 conect only the usb cable from the TH2GD to the pc 100 % working a green tag apears
then when i click next for the next step
conect the dvi or hd15 to the conector on the TH2GD and press detect.
it keeps detecting with the following message present in the first tab of the 3.
Graphics hardware detected : Matrox hardware detected. retrieving product information.
Input connector: Not detected
Windows display number Not detected
it constantly stays that way

the other thing is that as evrything is conected the little lamp on the MTH2GD is Orange and is blinking now and then probebly scanning

so does a Orange lamp mean teh device is working : GREEN lamp but no good sync on my widescreen monitors : RED
RED + GREEN = ORANGE

i also have 1 more quetsion i also would love to get a answer to
my widescreen monitors have a dvi cable that is missing some pins namely 4/5/12/13/20/21 they are conected as

* 4 TMDS Data 4- Digitaal groen - (Link 2)
* 5 TMDS Data 4+ Digitaal groen + (Link 2)
* 12 TMDS Data 3- Digitaal blauw - (Link 2)
* 13 TMDS Data 3+ Digitaal blauw + (Link 2)
* 20 TMDS data 5- Digitaal rood - (Link 2)
* 21 TMDS data 5+ Digitaal rood + (Link 2)

what i would like to know is are those pins needed for the out connectors of the TH2GD ?
i know they are needed as a input from my graphiscard to the TH2GD becouse it needs duel dvi
but not for the output right if they are needed then i need to buy 3 fully pinned dvi cables.
to replace them.

but seeing that the setup wizard is still in the detection phase it doesent matter becouse thats the first thing i need to get to work ?

thx in advance

if there are more questions just ask and i will answer them

PostPosted: 23 May 2010, 20:36 

My firmware version is 2.3.40. My EEPROM video table version is 6.56. I don't know if it is the latest but it probably is. The Matrox website can answer that question. It is new enough that I doubt it would be your problem.

All my DVI cables are missing the same pins as yours. They came with my ASUS model VW224U monitors.

I wish I could offer some useful advise. If all else fails maybe uninstall and start over. :(

PostPosted: 24 May 2010, 06:49 

My firmware version is 2.3.40. My EEPROM video table version is 6.56. I don't know if it is the latest but it probably is. The Matrox website can answer that question. It is new enough that I doubt it would be your problem.

All my DVI cables are missing the same pins as yours. They came with my ASUS model VW224U monitors.

I wish I could offer some useful advise. If all else fails maybe uninstall and start over. :(

oki so it is not the cables great 1 more problem solved that cant be the culprit.

oki does anybody know if the second step of the instalation program needs the monitors conected to the triplehead2go before you conect the vga or dvi conector to the video card ? since it keeps saying " Matrox hardware detected retrieving product information." or doesent it matter if they are connected or not ?

And maybey the most important question is, if the led on the triplehead2go is orange green+red is that a good sign becouse if its red only the triplehead2go is defect?

with these 2 question's i should be able to determin if the triplehead2go is defect itself

thx in advance

PostPosted: 25 May 2010, 01:02 

It does seem like there could be a problem with the TH2G. I mean really, it shouldn't be this hard to get it to work. You have the latest firmware installed. Thousands of people are using them with no trouble getting it up and running. Not getting a green light is an indicator of something bad. When mine crapped out it wouldn't go green.

I suggest emailing Matrox (use their website tech support) with your explanation of the troubles. They took a few days to respond but then sent me a replacement very quickly.

PostPosted: 25 May 2010, 22:42 

It does seem like there could be a problem with the TH2G. I mean really, it shouldn't be this hard to get it to work. You have the latest firmware installed. Thousands of people are using them with no trouble getting it up and running. Not getting a green light is an indicator of something bad. When mine crapped out it wouldn't go green.

I suggest emailing Matrox (use their website tech support) with your explanation of the troubles. They took a few days to respond but then sent me a replacement very quickly.

well i have contackted them and we mailed a bit , and the conclusion was that the rreason the step 2 detection dont works is becouse it sometimes can conflict with a setting or program installed in windows 7 ultimate 64x

so to rule that oiut i did a compleet new and clean windows install with no programs installed and the problem is still the same :P lol so the last mail i did send to them a little while ago was that i did try a new install of windows and it dident work so right now i am waiting on the next mail.

and about the RMA changing option you talk about does only accept r4ma's off people living in 1 part of the usa i forget what part thats what the rules on there website said
so the only thing i can do next is try to get anew one from the shop i bought it but acording to the shop it was a new product so its 1 against 1 witch means its difficult to get my right :P well we have to wait for the next mail from matrox and we will take it from there

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next