Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 15:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2013, 19:08 

LuckyNoS7evin wrote:
Sorry can you read my post again, where did I say it was the projectors you could break?

What I was saying was that if the graphics card or drivers do not "support" it over HDMI as in don't let you, you force the issue and change that programatically. This is on you, so if something does give up the ghost then you most like won't get support or warranty from anyone.

Like Haldi said it could be "a simple EDID edit you can get your GPU to send out 120hz" but what I was saying is it could cost if it goes wrong! Yes I'm no electrical expert but I do know if you start messing with stuff that is outside the "norm" i.e. overclocking (GPU, CPU, Monitors, Projectors) you usually void any type of comeback!

It's good to point out risks as some poor sod may end up doing something stupid!

I assumed that you were referring to damaging the projectors so I explained how that wasn't possible. I made that assumption because to suggest that you could damage the video card's HDMI output is unsound. Perhaps leave the job of "pointing out the risks" to the actual electrical engineers. If you do happen to buy one of these projectors I can further explain why this experiment is safe but otherwise I don't intend to waste both of our time since you already stated you wouldn't help.

//Edited by mods.//

Last edited by AussieTimmeh on 23 Jun 2013, 08:00, edited 1 time in total.
Please do not attack other users directly and using generalizations to slander the user.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2013, 21:33 
Editors
Editors

rdqlus wrote:
If you do happen to buy one of these projectors I can further explain why this experiment is safe but otherwise I don't intend to waste both of our time

i think it would't be wasted.
based on personal interest and in case someone else who posseses W1080ST might read this thread.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2013, 22:51 
Insiders
Insiders

I'd be buying them to upgrade resolution, so even if S3D didn't work right it wouldn't be a waste. At issue is it will be about 6 months of saving before I have one. You won't be able to get a timely answer at least from my end of things.

At issue with most modern projectors is the scaler built in will allow about any resolution and hz fed to them, it's a matter of if it's scaling the hz or actually projecting 120 hz. I've had pre-DLP 3D projectors that would scaler 120hz input to 60hz. merely feeding 120hz input isn't enough often times with projectors.