Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Oct 2024, 10:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2009, 03:57 

How much did you pay for your sol7 software? I was told that the cost was 4000 per projector. I was told hat there was a beta version of a consumer release but that it didn't have any edge blending capability. Can you still buy the flight sim version?

BHawthorne mentioned on another topic that the Sol7 noncommercial license is much cheaper (hundreds, not thousands).

Hawthorne, I'm quite impressed with what you've done. I plan to create a similarly immersive system focused on FPS and RPGs. If you're interested in looking at my plan so far, read my post on the welcome forum - "New to PC World - Looking to Build Immersive System." Basically, I want to build a 180 degree panoramic stereoscopic projection system.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2009, 04:24 
Insiders
Insiders

How much did you pay for your sol7 software? I was told that the cost was 4000 per projector. I was told hat there was a beta version of a consumer release but that it didn't have any edge blending capability. Can you still buy the flight sim version?

http://immersaview.com/PayPalHomeSim.html

$430AU non-commercial license. Currently, up to 3 projectors and TH2G compatibility. I have spoken to them about the 6 port 5870 though.

It's still in beta builds and is being worked on. As I understand it b12 will be out soon. It's having a bit of growing pains transitioning to DX10/11 and Win 7 and EyeFinity. They're working towards that at the moment. A lot of games do work in Win 7 at the moment but compatibility could be better with DX10/11 titles.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2009, 07:33 

BH,

Do you know if there are any DLP projectors that would work?

The question may seem odd, but humor me.

SunSp*t

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2009, 19:14 
Insiders
Insiders

BH,

Do you know if there are any DLP projectors that would work?

The question may seem odd, but humor me.

SunSp*t

Not an odd question at all. I went DLP specifically this time around because previously I used LCD based projectors and didn't like the screen-door pixel spacing effect they gave. The particular projectors I use are DLP. Optoma EX525ST. They're DVI input though. I don't know of any short-throw projectors with DP connectors yet. If a manufacturer would come up with short-throw and DP that would help with EyeFinity use.

I was recently shopping around when I was putting together my current build. There are a few sub-$1000 0.6:1 lens throw projector options. They're all DVI or HDMI based though. If you want to know more specifics about the Optoma EX525ST let me know. I've had enough time with them to know their good and bad points (mostly good).

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2009, 01:05 

Hats of to you!

I am currently running a 6 X 1280*1024 setup on old CRTs now. I would do what your doing but also add a set of three widescreens closer to you (I am never running a main rig with less than 7.86 MP, can only go up!

I had plans to do what your doing but not the budget or space. One day... one day...

You gotta make some nice pictures and post them on the EVE-O forums. I will bump your thread.

Also whats your main in eve do?

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2009, 02:37 
Insiders
Insiders

Also whats your main in eve do?

Not a lot of action in the last year for me. It's all been pure skilling and chatting unfortunately. The most activity I've had is the logistics of moving my caps around about 6 months ago. Sitting around largely idle with a lot of SP and some idle caps and T2 ships in 0.0 Sev3rance space. :lol:

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2009, 23:13 

You should join me in W-Space lots to do, tho theres not much use for cap pilots out here.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009, 00:00 
Insiders
Insiders

You should join me in W-Space lots to do, tho theres not much use for cap pilots out here.

I'm not Cap skill heavy. I've got a lot of other skill progression too. Currently 42mil SP. Heavy industry skills, so I'm PvP, fleet combat, cap ship and mining capable. It's always nice to have lots to do considering my position atm is dead boring. :lol:

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2009, 16:05 

Very interesting discussion, i have been developing a similar solution for some time now but had to hold fire due to other development but I'm now focusing back on this area. Hope to add to this discussion soon

Thanks for now

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2009, 18:59 
Insiders
Insiders

Very interesting discussion, i have been developing a similar solution for some time now but had to hold fire due to other development but I'm now focusing back on this area. Hope to add to this discussion soon

Thanks for now

Could you elaborate at bit? "I have been developing a similar solution" is a bit vague. A new form of pre-warping software? A new circular screen kit? A new bundle package of both hardware and software? It's hard to have a context on what you mean by your statement. :wink:

If it is new pre-warping software, I'd be willing to help test it out on my system.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 21  Next