Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 05:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2010, 07:10 

Mad props for all the work you have put into this!!

I wish you were in the SF Bay Area, I would love to check it out in person :cheers

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2010, 15:54 
Insiders
Insiders

I got frustrated with the quality of the video capture of my digital camera so I just picked up 2 Sony Bloggies. These things have a 360 degree lens attachment, so expect some awesome 1080p videos starting in a few weeks. Purchased them online at Newegg. Hopefully they'll ship out today.

I'm also working with ImmersaView to get NTHUSIM and Fraps to work well together so I can capture fraps movies without it being prewarped in the movie cap.

:rockout

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2010, 22:33 

BHawthorne you rock :bowdown .Can't wait to see your videos
Please :nudgenudge post some crysis videos when you receive your equipment.
Keep updating us :D

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2010, 23:22 
Insiders
Insiders

BHawthorne you rock :bowdown .Can't wait to see your videos
Please :nudgenudge post some crysis videos when you receive your equipment.
Keep updating us :D

Will do, keep in mind I suck at FPS tho. hehe

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2010, 10:08 

still waiting for some iracing pics/vids ;)

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2010, 11:08 

The eyefinity 6 cards are out.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2010, 12:05 
Insiders
Insiders

The eyefinity 6 cards are out.

I've been keeping an eye on Newegg the last day or so. I almost purchased one but a few things are holding me back at the moment from making a decision. First being, if I get any ATI GPU I want to have a warrenty as close as possible to EVGA's, which means XFX. Only Sapphire, HIS and GigaByte have the EyeFinity 6 available on Newegg right now. Also I want to see how 3D Vision Surround plays out in relation to the 4 GTX260's I'm currently using. If 3D Vision Surround wasn't being developed I would have instantly pulled the trigger on the first listing of the GigaByte card yesterday.

I've had a few days to mess with the Sony Bloggie camcorders and they have a really noisy low light issue, but they're still a long ways better than what I was using to do all the current YouTube videos. I'm planning on doing some new videos this weekend using the cameras. If anyone is looking for a cheap camcorder to take low light HD video the Sony Bloogie is not one I would recommend. Depending on how these work out though I'll probably just keep them and post process the video to clean up the noise.

I'll probably do a few racing games videos this weekend. I've got my Fantec Turbo S and Clubsport package setup on the computer right now, but am using a foldup tray to mount it on...which makes for rather crappy driving experience even with the Fanatec wheel. I've been mostly putting off filming racing sims because it's embarassing using a Fanatec setup with a silly foldup tray. :lol:

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2010, 15:57 

So this weekend i went to see a movie in the Dome Imax Theater in the Ontario Science Centre and all i could think about was that your setup is the only thing remotely close to it that one can get at home.

Thanks for all the new videos, i subscribed to your channel

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2010, 16:19 

It looks like the SIM license for SOL7 is gone. The link is dead :x

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2010, 23:10 
Insiders
Insiders

It looks like the SIM license for SOL7 is gone. The link is dead :x

Sol7 HomeSim edition is rebranded to NTHUSIM and NTHUSIM+. It gets it's own product line now instead of merely being a side project for the commercial Sol7. No worries, it's not gone, it now has it's own wiki, forums and community that I am helping with as a moderator. :wink:

So this weekend i went to see a movie in the Dome Imax Theater in the Ontario Science Centre and all i could think about was that your setup is the only thing remotely close to it that one can get at home.

Once NTHUSIM has grown a bit I'm going to again try and push for a another product based on Paul Bourke's convex security mirror dome projection method. That way we'll really have home versions of IMAX dome projection available to gaming and sim entheusiasts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next