Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Oct 2024, 05:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2008, 21:46 

I'm running the exact same setup except for the monitors (I use 3 19" at 1680x1050) with no problem.

I saw where someone mentioned about their not being many Tri-SLI GTX280 players here and wanted to chime in.

Bottom Line: something is going wrong with your actual TH2GO hardware. The fact it's not working with your Macbook shows that.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. Thank God I've not had a similar problem.

EDIT: Oops - saw where the prob was with the USB hub. That sort of makes sense given that it's a power source for the TH2GO.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2008, 15:26 

I'm running the exact same setup except for the monitors (I use 3 19" at 1680x1050) with no problem.

I saw where someone mentioned about their not being many Tri-SLI GTX280 players here and wanted to chime in.

Bottom Line: something is going wrong with your actual TH2GO hardware. The fact it's not working with your Macbook shows that.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. Thank God I've not had a similar problem.

EDIT: Oops - saw where the prob was with the USB hub. That sort of makes sense given that it's a power source for the TH2GO.

Is your system watercooled? Looks like a nice rig your got there, up to what frequencies did you get those GTXs?

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2008, 21:00 

Air-cooled all the way. I had intended to go watercooling, but it turned out not to be necessary, The 3 GTX280's idle at about 46C and under load top out at about 68C - well within design parameters.

I usually run them overclocked to 650/1400/2400 with fan set to 100% while gaming. When not, I run them at stock speed with 70% fan.

Many have said that at 100% they sound like a vacuum cleaner, but I disagree. At 70%, they are drowned out by background noise in my house, and at 100% they're certainly audible - but not while playing with the sound turned up even a little.

I hate to leave the fans on "Auto", since the stupid Nvidia algorithm lets the cards heat up to a ridiculous degree (over 80C) before it will really cut in the fans. So you end up with this endless cycling of fan speed and temps.

I can play Warhead all day long with the cards oc'ed and the fan on 70% without breaking 75C. Just can't see why I would need to bother with the H2O...