Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 23:50

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2009, 23:17 
Insiders
Insiders

I prefer Evga. No contest. THey have excellent and non-bullshit-ish customer support, great warranty support, trade-in options.

That's for the NA branch. It seems teh European branches don't seem ahve have theiur shit together so much. The support is there, just a bit slower.

XFX and BFG are about the same, too, but Iv'e no personal experience. THey all will let you remove stock coler and overclock, but Evga seems to be more ... caring.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2009, 23:55 

THey all will let you remove stock coler and overclock, but Evga seems to be more ... caring.
as far as I know, in europe they won't, at least that's the official standpoint.

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2009, 17:17 

EVGA hands down. Lifetime warrenty is fantastic. I've had alot of old cards get replaced with upgrades for no money out of MY pocket!

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2009, 20:04 

Well I just ordered 2 BFG GTX 275 OCX cards (895 mb) which I plan to run in SLI.

I was originally going to go with the evga version of this card, but ZipZoomFly.com has a 20% Bing cashback promotion going on right now and there's a BFG rebate available as well which brings the price for each card down to 170 each - a SCREAMING deal!!

The BFG's also come with a limited non-transferable lifetime warranty - so I figured a factory overclocked card, with lifetime warranty, can't go wrong.

And now that I think it about it, maybe I should get one more for tri-sli.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2009, 23:12 

Damn it, looks like everyone decided to jack up their prices on video cards, including zipzoomfly, card is back up to 289 (40 dollar increase from last night). Guess I'll wait for them to drop again before getting that third card.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2009, 22:07 

i got myself a EVGA gtx275 ssc 1792mb and it runs like a charm