Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 09 Jul 2024, 01:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2008, 00:13 

Is there a way to customize games that are not in the Surroung Gaming Utility List?

I've a number of games that i can run using TripleHead2go at 3840 x 1024 no problem. But rather than making them widescreen it just stretches the games across the screens making the image look aufull.

I seen on this forum that you can use the SGU to modify games not listed, but i cannot see that option anyware im using version 2.08. was this feature in a previous version?

Any Ideas?

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2008, 12:09 

Hi. Do you mean use the SGU to customize games? They come pre-loaded so to speak so are as is.

If you mean can i customize individual games myself? Just look around the forum. There are dozens of games that have been customized to 5040x1050 by members here.

The search function is your friend in these cases...

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2008, 06:49 

Is there a way to customize games that are not in the Surroung Gaming Utility List?

I've a number of games that i can run using TripleHead2go at 3840 x 1024 no problem. But rather than making them widescreen it just stretches the games across the screens making the image look aufull.

Any Ideas?

Some games are happy with the widescreen resolution, but retain the FOV [field of view] that is 'normal', usually a value of 90. Red Faction, for example.

If the game is stretching the image but runs fine otherwise you need to search for a way to alter the FOV value. That can be a long search if there is not much documentation or following for the game.

If the game has a console [press the tilde key] try typing 'fov 130' or 'fov = 30' [or any other value higher than 90 ].

In any case, search the net or here for fov commands, console settings, config file entries etc in relation to each game.

Of course, some games won't budge in this regard... :(