Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 21 Jul 2024, 12:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2008, 18:53 

I am just about to buy a TH2GO and was wondering where others have purchased their unit.

Is it better to pay a bit more and buy straight from Matrox to ease any possible return under warranty? If you buy elsewhere do they require proof of where/when you bought it?

Also, has anyone actually had to return a faulty one and how good is their customer service in that regard?

I live in the UK

Thanks...

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2008, 19:30 

i haven't brought mine yet, but intend to buy from scan.co.uk. http://www.scan.co.uk/Product.aspx?WebProductId=665927 they seam the cheapest and if you belong to the Hexus forums http://forums.hexus.net/ you get free shipping :D

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2008, 21:30 
Founder
Founder

Scan is a sponsor of the WSGF, so I would ask you shop with them. Besides, many of our users and Insiders have had very good luck with them. One of their support managers is a member here, and can help if you run into problems.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2008, 21:41 
Editors
Editors

I have had 3 TH2G units from SCAN (amongst lots and lots of other computer equipment) ... all three are fine and dandy ... :)
I have never had a problem with SCAN.

Today my order with them for 2 x EVGA GTX 280 FTW's was confirmed as ... in the post ... yippie !

BTW ... just for info ... Insiders get a discount from them too ... 8)

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2008, 01:30 

They don't have a canadian branch do they?

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2008, 07:48 

Thanks for the replies.

SCAN are currently waiting for stock apparently...

I was going to order from the BT/Dabs shop [same company now] but having heard horror stories about the Home Delivery Network throwing parcels over walls I think I would rather wait.

As far as I know there was a recent shipment of them to the UK/Ireland, but it seems that the supply of TH2GOs is limited even at the best of times, and some of the prices are ridiculous - the worst I saw was £247 :shock:

I know it has been selling for a couple of years now but I think the price and the availability are somewhat stifling to future success.

I've had a taste of surround gaming from my Parhelia, which is very reliable though weak, and have been well and truly bitten by the bug :)

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2008, 15:51 

I live in Montreal, Quebec (where Matrox is from) and I ordered one at a local computer store (Microbytes) and got it the next day for 319.00 $CAD

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2008, 22:36 

Thought I should update this...

For those in the UK, I bought from Scan, mainly because they were in stock and I was able to track it with Citylink, which is Scan's sole delivery service - knowing who will deliver is a plus point for me. Came next day.

Delivery packaging was minimal. Bubble-wrap around the th2go box, and then the courier's plastic wrap around that. Inside the unit is well padded.

The unit did not come with the latest firmware. It was lighter than I expected, and the included cables were very short. I had heard that it produced a fair bit of heat but that must have been the analog one since the digital one is barely warm after hours of use.

But more importantly it is working well and hopefully I will never have any experience of returns...

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2008, 06:44 

Bought mine on NewEgg. Haven't had any hardware issues where I had to RMA it though. I did have some technical issues when I first set it up.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2008, 07:40 
Insiders
Insiders

Woah, you got yours on NewEgg? When did they start carrying it?