Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 20:54

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2008, 05:52 

As the title says, I'm getting intermittent black screens on my left monitor. It would seem to go black for a few seconds, maybe 3 or 4, and then come back to normal. This can happen at any time, whether I'm gaming or just idle on the desktop.

I'm running 3 Dells 22" 2208FP monitors and TH2Go Digital edition at 5040x1050 resolution. Anyone experience something similar or know what might be causing it? I'd update my video card drivers, but there's a thread saying the latest nvidia drivers don't support triple widescreen resolution so I'm sticking to the old ones for now.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2008, 08:48 
Editors
Editors

This sounds a bit obvious but is it a loose or dodgy cable ... what happens if you swap cables ?

and ... I just wanted to mention ... the latest video drivers (178.13) do support 5040x1050 in XP

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2008, 19:52 

Thought about that, made sure all connections are solid. Switched a cable and waited but nothing happened. I only used it in that configuration for about an hour before going to bed and then heading off to work, so I'll check again over the weekend.

But other than a cable problem, could it be a bad TH2G unit?

And as for drivers, I'm running Vista 64bit instead of XP.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2008, 11:18 

join the club, i have the same and had it for months, i talked to tech help here in Australia and they said not all monitors have an inbuilt support for the way TH2G sees the monitor, i wish i could remember what the heck it was called, i download a utility to check and sure enough my Viewsonic Vx922 monitors dont have it, i'll see if i can get the info again as it may be of use to people who are buying monitors for TH2G.

basically it was to do with the start up Th2G looked at comp and sees it, the looks at monitors, if this pulse, standard or whatever the heck it was does not talk back the TH2G sometimes just thinks there are only 2.

i have worked out (and here is a real weird thing) if i open ms publisher in the center monitor and then maximize it across all 3 it 99% of the time kicks in the right monitor (the one that plays up) or i just turn the power button off for around 10 mins and it turns back on again.... i think that at that time the pulse from the monitor is seen by the TH2G and not swamped by the stronger signals from the other two but hey,, it's all smoke and mirrors to me...