Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 22:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2009, 00:01 

not thinking about money.

what are the Best 22 inch or Bigger Screen size to get for the set of 3? i run a 9800 GX2. Id like to get the biggest ones i can, but dont have problems with the bezel set.

reson im asking is i keep going over forums, and i read diffrent things. i was looking at the 22" dells but ppl saying they have problems with the Bezel set up.

Can someone just throw me a line on what they would love to have or have that is the best set up for the TH2G

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2009, 08:25 

Well I am also in the process of setting up DTH2G. I did allot of research on monitors and decided on the Viewsonic vx2240w's. These monitors arrived 2 days ago and I am blown away at the thin bezel edge which is AWESOME for this setup. I have also read that the vx2240 does not give any issues with the 57Hz(5040x1050). I have checked the manufacturer specs and seen that they suppo 51Hz-75Hz which is great.

I would HIGHLY recommend a set of these.

P.S. The only gripe I have with the is the stand is not height adjustable.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2009, 16:42 

ahh thank you, yes i was looking at those, but i ended up going with 3X DELL ULTRASHARP 2208WFP i will have everything by the 16th and we will see how it looks then.

the reson i went with those is like you said, the height adjustment, with my new set up i had to have them, and i think the bezel on the Dells is maybe 1/8 bigger then the ones you got.

My Set future set up :) i know its extreme, but i do way to much in the deparment of multitasking. Yea its Crazy, But its awsome to Game on the 3 22"s Watch a movie on the 40 inch, and use 24" for my Server/Irc/Chats all at the same time.

.................40" TV
.............Wall Mounted
.....||||||||||||||||||||||||||||.......24" LCD
.....||||||||||||||||||||||||||||....Wall Mounted
.....||||||||||||||||||||||||||||...|||||||||||||||||

.||||||||||...||||||||||...||||||||||
.||||||||||...||||||||||...||||||||||<--3 22" LCD's on Desk
.||||||||||...||||||||||...||||||||||
-----------------------------------------------------------Desk

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2009, 09:14 

I totally understand about your setup :) I am the same... I am so chuffed about the bezel edge of the ViewSonic monitors. :)

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2009, 18:26 

Both the Viewsonic vx2240w and the Dell2208wfp are good looking monitors, but I went with the Samsung 2243BWX's because of the height adjustable stand. I don't understand why there are so few monitors out there with the height adjust feature, it was the first thing I looked for.
On a side note, the bezel on the 2243BWX's is only 1/2 inch wide, good times. :D

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2009, 20:39 

yeah, :) Although the Viewsonics is not height adjustable, what I really like about them is that they don't complain when you change the frequency to 57Hz and the bezel is about 2mm thinner than the 2243bwx. :) I have compared them as I have a 2243bwx at work and I own 3 vx2240w's :)