Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 12:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2009, 11:37 

bien le bonjour les gens, Hello everybody !

Yesterday, when i have finished to instal and tweak GTAIV, i launch a party without tested the bezel setup. So i play a few mins with the sensation who disturbed my eyes "sick when you are on a boat maybe". So do you have some tips for have the good orientation on degree for the left/right monitor, and for the sick sensation maybe ?

My other question is about how to launch a movie, serie or anything video with the good ratio on the 5040x1050 on my 3 monitors ?

On VLC i have only the choice of ratio without streching is 2:21.

My last question is : How i can used just one monitor for surf and work without the 2 others monitor on and the matrox box plugged on my pc ?

Thank you all.

Post subject: rply
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2009, 19:32 

If the game is not that optimized for the TH2Go, it will really look sickening. For using just one monitor, I think you can select that using the matrox powerdesk.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2009, 23:25 
Editors
Editors

Salut mon gars, welcome ! :)

The side screens of your TH display should be oriented slightly towards you, but honestly, monitor orientation will not really help if you experience motion sickness in 3D games...
Try Bezel Management, I know some TripleHeaders don't care about it, but to me 3D doesn't feel right if the transition between each panel is not as smooth and natural as it can be.
You might also find this video interesting : The Truth About Edge Distortion

TripleHead movies don't exist afaik, so you obviously can't watch a video in 5040x1050 unstretched.

Yui is correct, the GXM/PowerDesk app lets you setup a list of single-, dual- and triple-screen resolutions that you can use at will, so you can for instance switch to 1680x1050 on the center panel then switch back to 5040 at anytime.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2009, 11:10 

Thx for all.