Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Oct 2024, 08:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2009, 09:27 

i there, i set up my th2go digital edition to three widescreens
using the latest SGU tool from matrox i can play at 3840x1024 but the framerate in motogp08 is aweful!

i have a quad core6.6, 4 gig, 8800gtx witch out of the box drivers
which work well on any game in single screen

i wonder if upgrading those will help?

also the sgu application warned you may get a error message from motogp08 saying can't save config.ini but you can click it away instead
i found that no matter wich resolution i setup in sgu that the game runs in the same hacky resolution as before with poor framerate

i hope anyone can comment

thanks alot

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2009, 21:37 
Editors
Editors

i hope anyone can comment

thanks alot

Yes, of course upgrading would help, to run a triple setup will obviously require more from your rig than playing on a single screen, and this is valid for any game, not only MotoGP08.
After applying the SGU changes, it should create a shotcut on your desktop, are you able to select , in the game video or graphic options, the resolution you wanna play ?

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2009, 03:16 

it might be of use to you to try playing with different graphic settings & see how things goes (for example less Antialiasing ...)

obviously thales100 is right
3840x1024 ask way more from your hardware than any single screen resolution. more pixels, more viewable area to render so more geometry to calculate and so on ...

you might also want to get a feel for other TH games just to see how things goes..

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2009, 11:12 

thanks for replying
i do get another setup screen like always from motogp08 after setting it up in SGU
but in that particular screen i can not select any resolutions that involve three screens, only single screen resolutions are available

so i have to trust on SGU to setup the resolutions
however changing it in SGU doens't affect this in the game, the game keeps running in the same res

i'll have to tamper with lots of options i guess to find out what's happening

i see lots of people on youtube with practically the same rig i have, or even slower, running beautifully

i wonder if i have to change any properties settings for the nvidia display drivers?

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2009, 13:12 

I don't understand
first you had a framerate issue in motoGP08 in 3840x1024
now you can't play motoGP08 in 3840x1024 :?: :?: :?: :?:

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2009, 17:31 

I don't understand
first you had a framerate issue in motoGP08 in 3840x1024
now you can't play motoGP08 in 3840x1024 :?: :?: :?: :?:

i can tell i can only play in 3840*1024 because SGU says so, but i can't play in any other resolution

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2009, 21:51 

ayeeee welcome to the forums! glad u made it in here bud =)

but yeah pretty much as what thales100 said, itd be all in tuning of your video card settings, maybe even try disabling v-sync if thats an option?
i know the th2go doesnt really like vertical syncing..

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2009, 14:09 

hi there, thanks alot!

i will try tinkering with some ingame settings and let u know the outcome

furthermore would it be stupid to change setting of my 8800GTX itself, via nvidia control panel? if so, what would make a significant framerate increased-impact?

do any of you know if nascar simracing can be played on th2go?

thanks for replying, sorry for any english mistakes (i'm from belgium :D )

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2009, 15:23 

Hi

For your question about a stockcar game.
rFactor works perfectly with TH2Go and you can get mods for just about any class of car you want. It comes with some stockcars, but you can download other user made cars/tracks, if the default ones are not what you want.
I have no idea what's considered the best one. I don't care for stockcar racing, myself.
But you can't go wrong with rFactor.

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2009, 15:39 

hi there, thanks alot!

i will try tinkering with some ingame settings and let u know the outcome

furthermore would it be stupid to change setting of my 8800GTX itself, via nvidia control panel? if so, what would make a significant framerate increased-impact?

do any of you know if nascar simracing can be played on th2go?

thanks for replying, sorry for any english mistakes (i'm from belgium :D )

nope not stupid at all (nvidia is the best brand for profiles...)
though beware that changing global settings change them for all games which don't have any particular setting in their own profile which can be a bad thing.

so I would change settings on the profile for motoGP 08 only

Be aware that there is a wonderful little piece of software called nhancer
http://www.nhancer.com which is just like 100x better than the nvidia control panel
it's as simple as installing it and just provides a better interface for editing game profiles. Otherwise it doesn't change a single thing in the way profiles work (they are still handled by the driver in the same way)
(and the nvidia control panel/driver is untouched)

In any case if AntiAliasing is set to anything other than "Application Control" you would want to set it to just that and you could set Vertical sync to "force off" other than that no option is going to tremendously alter the framerate.

EndNote: Since some people in belgium speak french, if you don't quite get it in english, we could discuss in french through PMs.