Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 27 May 2024, 23:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Sweet, gonna try that
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2012, 18:55 

Sweet, gonna try that tonight. Thanks.

OK, so I was able to change the drivers to the .INF that the EDID created. Device Manager then labeled them correctly. Onto surround mode... didn't work.

Is the driver that the Monitor Asset utility creates unique to each projector? If it is, I may have swapped during install. I tried to pay close attention to which monitor got which driver.
Am I wrong about the driver uniqueness? The driver title was not unique but the EDID is, so I assumed each driver belongs to its projector.
Secondly, after reboot, one of the projectors was not immediately recognized and was issued the generic driver. After changing the driver back to the new one, surround still didn't work.

I do appreciate all your efforts but if this is consuming too much of your time, feel free to dismiss yourself. I am in the cue at nvidia...

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 17:36 
Insiders
Insiders

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do next. Were you 100% sure the display.inf you saved was the one for the projectors? It has a few example ones. You don't want to use those. You want to use the ones detected of your projector.

A bit of a hack way to do it is to hot swap in a LCD that is capable of 1080p and change the resolution within the control panel on the LCD screen. That way you can res down to the new triple res by seeing the options on the hot swapped LCD.

Post subject: So, here is the result.
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2012, 20:13 

So, here is the result. After all the bloodied head beating against a virtual wall, the problem has been found. It turns out that my suspicion of one of the projectors being sketchy was correct. Somehow, it was not identical to the other two. I am not entirely sure why but maybe it was the sync polarity or driver recognition. When the fourth projector arrived, I swapped out the suspicious one and magically it worked!!! Surround mode is cool!!!

Now I am fiddling with the warping software and I hope to be up and running soon. FYI, I am playing BF3 not a flight simulator.

Hawthorne, It is because of folks like you that make forums like these indispensable. Thank you for your efforts.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 15:18 
Insiders
Insiders

Thanks, I just wish I could of better solved the issue. :)

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 21:41 

hawthorn is a lot of help, yes. but why are you using 3 projectors!??!?!

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 16:25 
Insiders
Insiders

hawthorn is a lot of help, yes. but why are you using 3 projectors!??!?!

NVIDIA Surround requires three projectors. There is no two display NVIDIA Surround. NVIDIA Surround works much differently as an archetecture and it's hardware requirements than AMD Eyefinity. Also, triple projection is the standard for years now. The dual projection I've been doing lately is rather new experiment by me and is limited to Matrox DH2G and AMD Eyefinity 2x1L setups.

Most people use three because it's the typical standard configuration. Most multi-display compatible games are designed for triple screen. It ensures maximum compatibility in a niche setup.

My pushing AMD Eyefinity 2x1L lately is an attempt to set a new baseline that significantly lowers the cost of entry into multi-projection gaming setups from two cards and three projectors to one card and two projectors. With how things get exponentially more expensive with these setups any way to make it more affordable is something I'm looking into. Unless it becomes somewhat cost effective to attempt, projection will remain a niche market of a niche market. My intent is to get it similar to the cost of upper end LCD multi-display setups. As is, it's cheaper than 30" triple setups to implement (if you have the room).

Post subject: I totally agree. My
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 23:19 

I totally agree. My resolution is now 3060x1280 or something to that effect. That is probably at max so I will go back in and lower it a bit for performance issues. The three projectors I bought were between $200/400. The other major advantage is the surface area. The screen is 12' daig. and looks pretty amazing. Photos do not tell you how grand it is. The amount of light the three projectors produce is quite high, it's like looking at an OLED that is 12' wide, pretty amazing.

I have now been trying to get the Immersive Display Lite2 image blending software to work but something isn't quite right.

Hawthorne, have you seen this warping software? I have a few questions if you have a moment.

Post subject: Chance DeLaShy wrote:I
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 01:59 
Insiders
Insiders

I totally agree. My resolution is now 3060x1280 or something to that effect. That is probably at max so I will go back in and lower it a bit for performance issues. The three projectors I bought were between $200/400. The other major advantage is the surface area. The screen is 12' daig. and looks pretty amazing. Photos do not tell you how grand it is. The amount of light the three projectors produce is quite high, it's like looking at an OLED that is 12' wide, pretty amazing.

I have now been trying to get the Immersive Display Lite2 image blending software to work but something isn't quite right.

Hawthorne, have you seen this warping software? I have a few questions if you have a moment.

I've had about an hour of seat time using it. It's a heck of a lot more confusing than NTHUSIM Plus. There is one app to configure and another to launch the game. IMHO, you get what you pay for with pre-warping utilities.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 20:43 

How much is the NTHUSIM Plus package? And, can you give me a brief review?

I have already paid for the Immersion Display and Immersion Desktop packages $70/80, and neither are working yet.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 21:30 
Insiders
Insiders

How much is the NTHUSIM Plus package? And, can you give me a brief review?

I have already paid for the Immersion Display and Immersion Desktop packages $70/80, and neither are working yet.

http://www.nthusim.com

You can download it and try it out for free. Be mindful of the 10 minute timer on the demo though. You'll have to restart it every 10 minutes in order for games to pre-warp.