Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Jun 2024, 06:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 14:40 
Founder
Founder

[quote]I know from AMD that their intent is not to lock developers into one solution.
I don't believe that for one second !
Removing black bars would never be about what GPU you happen to have and so this stinks of ATi telling them "how to" do it in such a way that it conveniently excludes other GPU's ... especially as the config now has a line "EyefinityMode=2"
This is what they have told me in the past, and I will now be calling them on their actions that contradict this.

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 14:44 
Editors
Editors

I imagine they will spin some line ... the only way ATi can redeem themselves is to get this changed ASAP ... not in a few weeks but NOW.
If they can't or won't then I feel the WSGF should no longer support them.
Not because of this one game but because of how bad this is for the future of ALL TripleHead gaming.

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 14:58 

I agree it is down to favouritism and as the Matrox TH was the first to do the Surround Gaming they should come above anyone else in the list not be left by the side of the road as ATI and in the near future Nvidia get all the support.

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 15:00 
Editors
Editors

The main problem clearly is the exclusivity precedent, that really stinks. :evil:

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 15:26 
Founder
Founder

I agree it is down to favouritism and as the Matrox TH was the first to do the Surround Gaming they should come above anyone else in the list not be left by the side of the road as ATI and in the near future Nvidia get all the support.

But, whose to say that some developers won't implement NVIDIA 3D Surround to the exclusion of ATI Eyefinity? Or vice-versa?

There is absolutely no reason to do a GPU check to implement multi-monitor support. Until this point all games supported Eyefinity, TH2Go, MView and SoftTH without issue. This will only balkanize an already niche market.

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 16:05 
Editors
Editors

But, whose to say that some developers won't implement NVIDIA 3D Surround to the exclusion of ATI Eyefinity?
True ... but we don't need ATi (seemingly) starting this VERY BAD direction.

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 16:37 

Guys, we are not adovating in any way that there should be exclusions for other hardware support. What we do is adovcate (very hard) support for Eyefinity and we provide lots of hardware supporting it and the software know-how in order to get developers/publishers to include it in their titles.

How it is implemented, though, is up to the developer/publisher and also the level of checks and QA requirements will vary from publisher to publisher.

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 16:49 
Administrators
Administrators

How it is implemented, though, is up to the developer/publisher and also the level of checks and QA requirements will vary from publisher to publisher.

So do the dev's produce their own method for adding compatability, or does ATI have a method that they share with the dev's to add support, a method that could cause it to work on only ATI cards?
As there is different ways of implimenting a method.

| Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WiFi Skt2011 | i7 4820k @4.4GHz Watercooled (Ivy Bridge-E) | Corsair Vengence 32GB @2133MHz 11-11-11-27 2T Quad-Channel (8x4GB) | AMD R9-Fury-X 4GB @1140/505MHz + EKWB Watercooled | 256GB Crucial MX200 SSD | 8x 1TB Samsung F3 SATA-II | Corsair 850W TX PSU | 3x Dell S2209W 22"wide TFT's (5760x1080res) | Logitech Z-5400 5.1ch speakers | Win7 Ultimate x64 |

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 16:51 
Editors
Editors

Guys, we are not adovating in any way that there should be exclusions for other hardware support. What we do is adovcate (very hard) support for Eyefinity and we provide lots of hardware supporting it and the software know-how in order to get developers/publishers to include it in their titles.

Exactly as I said ...
I imagine they will spin some line ...

Removing black bars would never be about what GPU you happen to have and so this stinks of ATi telling them "how to" do it in such a way that it conveniently excludes other GPU's

Dave ...
If you are truly genuine you need to get this fixed ASAP ... although based on the spin you have already given us I suspect you won't.

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 17:20 

I'm curious, why start with us and why not start with asking Matrox?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next