Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 08:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2010, 22:38 

Got this working on my Eyefinity setup to the point where it is playable and enjoyable. The text on the Pipboy and the computer terminals is blurry, much more so on the computer terminals but not enough to the point where I can't hack them, it is just extra challenging hehe. The only thing that is really bugging me still is that everytime I transition from an area to another I get a black box that quickly appears and disappears on the center screen. Sometimes it takes 3-5 seconds for the black box to go away and sometimes it appears and disappears in less than a second. It is not game breaking, but it takes longer to go away when I enter a building or area with enemies right in the immediate area which can be a pain when combat starts right away. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this on a whim?

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2010, 23:11 

The only thing that is really bugging me still is that everytime I transition from an area to another I get a black box that quickly appears and disappears on the center screen. Sometimes it takes 3-5 seconds for the black box to go away and sometimes it appears and disappears in less than a second.

Same problem too actually, compared to all the other issues I get to choose from I think I'll live with this one (although mine dissapear within a second at most, I may feel otherwise waiting 5 seconds). I did notice that it went away when bEnableEyefinity is set to 1, possibly some unseen optimization Obsidian "graced" us with, or just may be a coincidence since I didn't bother playing much with that setting on.

I'm a tad curious - what kind of setup do you have? We seem to have suffered the comparable issues so I also imagine we are running similar rigs.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2010, 23:42 

[quote]The only thing that is really bugging me still is that everytime I transition from an area to another I get a black box that quickly appears and disappears on the center screen. Sometimes it takes 3-5 seconds for the black box to go away and sometimes it appears and disappears in less than a second.

Same problem too actually, compared to all the other issues I get to choose from I think I'll live with this one (although mine dissapear within a second at most, I may feel otherwise waiting 5 seconds). I did notice that it went away when bEnableEyefinity is set to 1, possibly some unseen optimization Obsidian "graced" us with, or just may be a coincidence since I didn't bother playing much with that setting on.

I'm a tad curious - what kind of setup do you have? We seem to have suffered the comparable issues so I also imagine we are running similar rigs.

At a glance I am running:
Asus Crosshair IV mobo
Athlon Black Edition Phenom II 694 proc
8 gigs RAM
2x5850 cards
3xAcer 24" monitors in 6048x1080 rez
Soundblaster X-fi onboard audio

I also noticed the lack of the black box when the Eyefinity .ini setting is enabled, but enabling that setting does more bad than good. If the menu/UI elements could be repositioned with the 'bEnableEyefinity' set to 1, it would be golden.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2010, 00:23 

Apologies if this double posts, been doing these posts all this afternoon via iPhone and a wonky 3G connection.

Upon further research we can avoid the INI overwriting problem entirely by running the game without the launcher:
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34935
In a nutshell all you need to do is to create a batch file in the directory with the FalloutNV.exe executable with the following code:
Code:
set SteamAppID=22380
   FalloutNV.exe

I won't be home for a few hours so if someone has some success with this do let me know.

Works great, Aegis. Better than my way!

Although I guess this means that you could just tweak the settings in the Fallout_default.ini file.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2010, 16:47 

Don't start the launcher, just start the game directly, it won't erased your Config.

Now i'm trying to get the scanline off my pipboy and arrange the UI to represent my 6064x1200

Anyone has thoses config?

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2010, 18:54 

All i did was change the values of iSafeZoneXwide, iSafeZoneX, fDefaultFov and bEnableEyefinity in the Fallout_default.ini, thats located in
"Steamsteamappscommonfallout new vegas"

If anything is getting overwritten to default, this is were that data comes from. Just like how unreal games work.
Although the isize w/h have te be changed in fallout/falloutprefs.

Never had any problems related to anything in this thread, by doing it this way.
But obviously those dam scan lines in the pipboy still make this unplayable.

Don't start the launcher, just start the game directly, it won't erased your Config.

Now i'm trying to get the scanline off my pipboy and arrange the UI to represent my 6064x1200

Anyone has thoses config?

Trial and error! :p
I'm assuming the bigger the number is centred.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2010, 23:25 

Came home from work and tweaked a few settings, and now met with total success:

Steps I took to get here:

1) Navigate to Documents>My Games>FalloutNV>Fallout.ini, right click and turn Read Only off
2) Within Fallout.ini, changed values of iSafeZoneXWide, iSafeZoneX, and fDefaultFov to values necessary to properly display your UI and popup screen elements (in this case 900, 900, and 120).
3) Still within Fallout.ini, changed value of bEnableEyefinity to 0.
4) In the same directory within the file FalloutPrefs.ini, changed the values of iSafeZoneXwide, iSafeZoneX, fDefaultFov, and bEnableEyefinity to match the values I set in Fallout.ini.
5) Still in FalloutPrefs.ini, changed iSize W and iSize H to match my resolution (in this case 5760 and 1080).
6) Select All and copied the contents of this file, then navigated to C>Program Files>Steam>userdata>(your UID, probably the only folder in there)>22380(the game ID assigned by Steam to Fallout NV)>remote>falloutprefs.ini , opened this file, select all and pasted the contents of the first FalloutPrefs.ini file into the one I just opened.
7) Saved all files, and set the original Fallout.ini back to Read Only.

The only remaining issue is the blurry text on the PipBoy, troublesome but as long as my UI is in the right damn place finally I'll just live with it. I imagine its possible to use the Fallout 3 text fix for this as well, I just want to finally play the damn game.

I did everything in these steps and added batch file to bypass Steam loader and all seems to be working thanks :)

One question though....
How do I exit from this thing at the start of the game? (see screenshot)

*Edit...

All good I worked it out...
Amazing what the right arrow can do :roll:

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2010, 01:46 
Insiders
Insiders

I used the cursor keys, hitting Right to go to the next screen. At the end, i hit Right again, it exited.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2010, 02:16 
Insiders
Insiders

I was checking out the newvegasnexus forums and found this for getting a picture back on the scoped view:

EARVH42: Edit your ini file and add the following to the display section:

fScopeScissorAmount 0

This will eliminate the masking the game engine automatically applies.

I'm not far in enough to try it out, but the responses on that forum have been positive.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2010, 06:49 

i cant find falloutprefs.ini .........

GTX 680 4GB in SLI
Intel 980 x @ 4Ghz

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next