Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 07:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2010, 16:40 

the new patch did something , since now my isafe settings dont work anymore , no matter what i change it to

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2010, 06:16 
Insiders
Insiders

Did you remember to change the other, read-only .ini to match falloutprefs.ini? I

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2010, 14:08 

Hi all, first off i wand to thank you people for helping, I have new vegas allmost completly running in eyefinity (5760*1200), my only problems now are:

The one armed bandit (bambling slot) is rendered way to big, Sniper scope is to big and off course the lockpicking is to big

i cant help but think that these textures ,or that ever they are, are connected becouse they all seem to be scaled up in the same fasion.

Any tips?

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2010, 20:48 

Hello guys, i got a problem here.
I guess this is what is caused by going in the water and get out...i'm walking to out of it and on the surface you have the same blurry screen like in the water.
Now, before i read this forum no other website could offer a solution to this problem exactly so i did several things in-game that maybe would fix the problem.
I tryd the Eyefinity thing but that's not rlly the "cause" of it because this is constantly and letters + pipboy are readable. just the game that stays in a vision like you'r swimming in the water.
I cba about going into the .ini file without any preknowledge like you guys got and look wich exact line is causing this problem so i'm asking you guys if you know any solution if it's now the ini file or anything else to solve this

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2010, 06:14 
Administrators
Administrators

I've not had this problem at all. If you quick-save the game and reload it, does it fix the problem? Or restart the game and load the saved game fix it?

Fortunately you only enter the water a few times during the course of the game, so while it's annoying, it's no worse than the random-crashing bugs or the impossible-to-complete quest bugs.

Not much help but it's probably easier to work around than burn hours trying to fix.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2010, 06:16 
Administrators
Administrators

Hi all, first off i wand to thank you people for helping, I have new vegas allmost completly running in eyefinity (5760*1200), my only problems now are:

The one armed bandit (bambling slot) is rendered way to big, Sniper scope is to big and off course the lockpicking is to big

i cant help but think that these textures ,or that ever they are, are connected becouse they all seem to be scaled up in the same fasion.

Any tips?

I'm having the opposite problem, where they are all too small. And you're right, they all seem connected to the same value, but I haven't been able to find the right one yet without totally ruining the other views.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2010, 08:09 

I was checking out the newvegasnexus forums and found this for getting a picture back on the scoped view:

EARVH42: Edit your ini file and add the following to the display section:

fScopeScissorAmount 0

This will eliminate the masking the game engine automatically applies.

I'm not far in enough to try it out, but the responses on that forum have been positive.

Confirmed, just make sure to do fScopeScissorAmmount=0 . I added to both fallout.ini (default as well) and falloutprefs.ini

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2010, 05:37 

Anyone have a comprehensive list of changes you need to make to what files to get this game working properly? I'm downloading right now from steam (got it for $30 from gamestop -> entered code on steam, worked like a charm).

EDIT: Followed CrashAegis's steps on page 2 as well as the 'fix' on page 3. Everything's working dandy so far. Should probably add those to the OP so people know in the future... Also, xfire does nothing for this game. Disappointing.

EDIT EDIT: So the mouse sensitivity is completely messed up in the menus (3x as sensitive in X as it is in Y). Is there a way to fix this? I've been using my xbox360 controller for a while because of this. I think I can get by the menus with pure keyboard inputs though... if that's the only way.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: So I figured out a few things:
- The crazy super X sensitive mouse in menus can be fixed by editing the bBackgroundMouse value to 1
- With the latest steam update, the file that keeps overriding the Fallout.ini file is in the steamapps / fallout new vegas folder called Fallout_default.ini. Just edit that file and everything should stick without having to do the workaround mentioned earlier.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2010, 21:17 

As has been mentioned previously in this thread.

Don't start the game with the launcher just start it directly via the FalloutNV.exe in Steam > steamapps > common > fallout new vagas and no settings will get overwritten also make all your changes in the Fallout_default.ini here as well.

Make your changes in Fallout.ini and falloutPrefs.ini in Documents > My Games > FalloutNV just like CrashAegis has mentioned in his posts and some of the others have mentioned in theirs and all is well.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2010, 22:23 

As has been mentioned previously in this thread.

Don't start the game with the launcher just start it directly via the FalloutNV.exe in Steam > steamapps > common > fallout new vagas and no settings will get overwritten also make all your changes in the Fallout_default.ini here as well.

Make your changes in Fallout.ini and falloutPrefs.ini in Documents > My Games > FalloutNV just like CrashAegis has mentioned in his posts and some of the others have mentioned in theirs and all is well.

Tried that and it still launched the launcher no matter which exe I used. Either way, the Fallout_defaults.ini file in the steamapps folder makes things stick.

I've given up on the mouse. I can't get it to feel right no matter what. It's so broken it's not even funny. Also, apparently there aren't any 'hotkeys' for the kb/m controls? With the xbox360 controller I get to even hotkey items and weapons. Go figure. Feels 100% smooth with the controller. Sigh.

As for the blurry pipboy text... it actually becomes more readable if you sit further back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next