Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 10:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2011, 20:40 

Me 4. Unfortunately my clan has moved back to BC2 for competitions and they won't let me play until I can promise that I won't crash out mid-game.

I cannot make that promise.

I am going to install Windows 7 SP1 as I've heard that has some multi-monitor fixes. Will report back.

Was also thinking that this could have something to do with and old sound-card in my machine, but too many of you are having the problem. (Old Creative X-fi.)

I get the same random CTD in Need for Speed Shift.

The frequency of crashes is affected by my physx settings in Nvidia control panel, but maybe I'm imagining that with all you ATi guys suffering too.

This has nothing to do with anything but DICE's typical incompetence.

To repeat, the game was working fine before they themselves fucked it up in the latest patch. It's inexcusable to not have immediately fixed something they already had working and then broke.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011, 16:18 

Sadly, I must confirm that installing SP1 (and in fact an entirely new partition just for BC2 and nothing else) did NOT fix the problem.

3 Crashes in 40 minutes last night, then I gave up and went back to single screen (with Nvidia 3D) and had no more problem at all.

Does anyone know whether Dice even cares about this, or are we "widescreen gamers" in such a minority that they don't care?

(One would assume that they should look after us FIRST, as we are the trend-setters, and obviously have too much money for our toys.)

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011, 18:33 
Insiders
Insiders

They care... they have a patch almost ready to deploy with the fix for these crashes. Just wish it would come out soon :)

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2011, 06:20 

They care... they have a patch almost ready to deploy with the fix for these crashes. Just wish it would come out soon :)

I'm not holding my breath. It was nearly 2 months ago that was said and still nothing.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2011, 00:12 

I have noticed that when I OC my cards I get the CTD almost routinely. Now if I go down to stock speeds (Below EVGA Superclocked) speeds I get 100% playable expierence. Is it just me or am I way off base for the troubleshooting that you guys are going for?

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2011, 06:04 

I have noticed that when I OC my cards I get the CTD almost routinely. Now if I go down to stock speeds (Below EVGA Superclocked) speeds I get 100% playable expierence. Is it just me or am I way off base for the troubleshooting that you guys are going for?

My cards aren't OC'ed at all.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2011, 05:00 

so what exactly is causing the crashes

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2011, 09:21 
Insiders
Insiders

so what exactly is causing the crashes

Not sure, but it's not in our configs. The dev I was communicating with didn't say specifically what it was, but that they had identified the cause and fixed it in a beta client. After testing I can confirm that on my system the crashing has stopped. I think it's just that they wanted to roll the fix into their next client update, but due to how convoluted a process that is for bc2 it might be that other parts of the update are holding it back.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2011, 05:08 

[quote]so what exactly is causing the crashes

Not sure, but it's not in our configs. The dev I was communicating with didn't say specifically what it was, but that they had identified the cause and fixed it in a beta client. After testing I can confirm that on my system the crashing has stopped. I think it's just that they wanted to roll the fix into their next client update, but due to how convoluted a process that is for bc2 it might be that other parts of the update are holding it back.

Well it would be nice to have a fix in place before BF3 it out. Otherwise, what is point?

Oh and how much do you want to bet the same issue is going to show up in BF3?

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2011, 09:09 
Insiders
Insiders

Oh and how much do you want to bet the same issue is going to show up in BF3?

Well, since they've fixed it internally and know what caused it, my guess is no, it won't be in BF3.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next