Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Aug 2024, 14:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: change
PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 21:53 

change GstRender.ScreenSafeAreaWidth in your "My documents">Battlefield 3>Settings> PROF_SAVE_profile
I use 0.520000, so they are close to the border to my middle monitor, but on the side monitors instead for better view.
(I like the option to be able to move them away from the center screen, but hud on center screen should be default)

All Karkand stuff works as the other maps do for me.

Only remaining multi-monitor issue I see remaining is teh lack of a lockon indicators.

Didn't the fix above help you?

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2011, 05:31 
Insiders
Insiders

Thank you also :)

Now we have found a way to solve this particular problem, your solution is way more convenient, and not an extra effort to create a eyefinity group really. Just remembering doing it from monitor 2 :)

I'll hope all people with this problem will find this thread. So I thought I should make some keywords for the search engine bots, to make it easier for people to find this thread for this particular problem. I just hope the moderators don't mind :)

targeting hud is missing , lock on indicator is missing , targeting hud is gone , lock on indicator is gone , no lock on indicator , laser targeting doesn't work , can't see what the soflam is locking on to , can't see my missile lock in jet , can't see my missile lock in helicopter , can't use my javelin to lock on laser painted targets , lasernerdrage! <- (That one was for fun :)) , my targeting indicator has disappeared , can't see what I'm targeting in bf 3 , can't see what I'm targeting in battlefield 3

This worked for me after a lot of messing around..

1) CCC needs to be in 'Advanced view mode'. Hit 'Preferences' button (top right) and then check off "Advanced view" <--- none of the guides state this fact and this was a huge stumbling block for me, as it hides a screen unavailable in standard mode
2) On the left bar under "Desktop Management" , "Creating and Arranging Desktops" is now visible. Click that.
3) Disable Eyefinity groups and mess around with duplicate/extend till you get a monitor with 2. Monitor icons "2 1 2" seemed to work for me (otherwise it would create a group with id 1).
4) Right click monitor 2 and Create eyefinity group. It will say it needs to disable extended monitors, hit OK
5) After the right eyefinity group is created, simply make sure the group says "2" for the middle of the 3 boxes that look like this... [ | 2 | ]

If the resolution is wrong when the group is created and you try to change it afterwards, chances are the group id will reset to 1 so that will screw it all up.

Lastly, in BF3 in the PROF_SAVE_profile file change the GstRender.ScreenSafeAreaWidth to 0.300000, otherwise the HUD will not be centered.
=============

Anyway this workaround should not be necessary so I also opened a bug here, please upvote it guys:
http://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3/topics/eyefinity_nvidia_surround_laser_paints_and_lock_indicator_is_missing

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2011, 08:40 
Insiders
Insiders

Creatign Eyefintiy Group off Display #2 worked great. set my ScreenSafeAreaWidth to 0.33 and all is well.

Not sure how i missed this in teh previous page, but thanks!

Though before, the icons for control/flag points were confined to centre display. Now they go to about 1/4 of the way from the outside display screen edges.. but I actually prefer that.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2011, 22:47 

Is anyone else having stutter or lag when playing eyefinity? Are there any tips tricks to improve this? I have 6850x2 (1G vram), playing 4800x900 with custom options.

I am getting 55fps in eyefinity, but the game feels laggy and hurts my play. Drop to a single card and get 35fps, feels better. I dont "see" the stutter, no jump or hangs, but everything feels laggy.

When I play in 1920x1080 game gets 75+fps on same options, and feels smooth.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2011, 13:38 

Game Stuttering:

-Open your console in BF3 " ~ " key.
-Enter:

RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 1
RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0

Do you have a intel i5 or i7, there is a small chance (Which I only had before the patch prior to karkland patch)
-In BIOS. Disable Hyperthreading.
-If you have a dual core CPU, manually set Affinity in task manager to 1 core.

Extra For AMD GFX users:
- Uninstall AMD CAP profiles (Make sure to uninstall the video driver also and clean the registry, reinstall driver when done.)

Post subject: NorxMAL wrote:Game
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2011, 15:20 

Game Stuttering:

-Enter:

Do you have a intel i5 or i7, there is a small chance (Which I only had before the patch prior to karkland patch)

Extra For AMD GFX users:
- Uninstall AMD CAP profiles (Make sure to uninstall the video driver also and clean the registry, reinstall driver when done.)

Thanks, I'll give this a try later. I have a 3.8x4 Phenom2.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2011, 15:38 
Insiders
Insiders

For gaming, Hyperthreading should be off, anyway. It raises heat a little bit, but the gain in framerates is often surprising.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2011, 10:49 
Insiders
Insiders

This seemed to work a treat for me also, but is there a permanent way to make this happen? What does it do exactly?

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2011, 15:27 
Insiders
Insiders

You can try using the CCC presets. WHen you go to create an Eyefinity group, it will (should) use teh same bezel, etc. settigns that you used before.

Presets have not worked for me in the early 10.x drivers, so I've been using the Win+{ method, which always sets the #1 display as primary, thus breaking the lockon indicator. So fuck it, I've learn to live without it. Though I notice that if i acquire a lock and the target goes off-screen, the indicator shows at teh screen edge, so at least i can tell which way they've traveled.

Post subject: NorxMAL wrote:Game
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2011, 20:33 

Game Stuttering:

-Enter:

Extra For AMD GFX users:

Tried this, tried different cap/driver combos ps drivers+no cap aswell, no luck unfortunately, on a single screen even when the framerate drops to around 45 it's still buttery smooth, but 45 fps on eyefinity and it's a stuttering mess=/ Sticking with a single screen for now since even on the lowest settings my aim is thrown off completely in eyefinity.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next