Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 09:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2012, 22:16 

New "unofficial" XML for dopefishes SourceHudEditor.

Includes edits for new HUD element in 2012.9.21 patch.

HudMannVsMachineStatus.res, InWorldCurrencyPanel, xpos and xpos_minmode

Attached files Team Fortress 2 HUD.xml_.zip (1.4 KB)

Post subject: hey dopefish your hud
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2012, 08:44 

hey dopefish

your hud editor looks great i just tested it.

it loads okay its just the game path is correct but I have multiple steam accounts and it just seems to be extracting onto one account and there is no way to change or edit the path.

how can I fix this or is there a work around ?

cheers

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 17:39 

Two bugs to dopefish, tried to send as PM first.

First:
Would seem that the wide for the StatSummary.res backgrounds isn't working right with my resolution.
It's calculating value of 480 for me on 5760x1200 resolution, when it should be 768, leading to too narrow background images.

Second:
The files ending under "profileteam fortress 2hl2resourceui" aren't getting read by the game. So those need to me moved to under "profileteam fortress 2tfresourceui" like the rest of them. Easiest is to see that the chat window is in its original position if you delete the leftover basechat.res from the right place and go with just the utility extracted one.

Post subject: I got the messages. I'll
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2012, 03:34 
Insiders
Insiders

I got the messages. I'll look into it when I have some time. I knew I was writing some of the files to the default path and wasn't sure whether they were working right or not. I'll provide a way to specify which folder to output them to.

I've got a few things on my list to fix so I'll get to them soon hopefully.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2012, 06:48 

dopefish, this is a great program but I just can't seem to get it to work correctly. Can someone tell me the exact steps necessary? Which .res files do I extract and where are they exactly?

I'm totally lost having not messed around with modifying my interface for so long.

Also I'm curious, how comes TF2 isn't supported in your other program, Widescreen Fixer? I'd be willing to donate $20 if you added support for TF2 to that. Another $20 if you added Left 4 Dead 2 too :D

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2012, 09:34 

Hey guys. I've been having a really hard time trying to fix the HUD on my copy of TF2. I can't get any of the community made tools to work for various reasons. Is someone please able to modify the files for a 6032x1200 resolution and upload them somewhere for me? I would really appreciate it!!!! :oops:

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2012, 17:50 

MonolithNZ wrote:
Hey guys. I've been having a really hard time trying to fix the HUD on my copy of TF2. I can't get any of the community made tools to work for various reasons. Is someone please able to modify the files for a 6032x1200 resolution and upload them somewhere for me? I would really appreciate it!!!! :oops:

The older version of DopeFish's tool should work, version 1.0. Just follow the directions. Everything but the MvM stuff will be centered. You can edit the HudMannVsMachineStatus.res file and set your resolution's offest for the xpos and xpos_minmode values. Of just take the 2 minutes to search+replace the .res files for your offset.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2013, 18:55 

Dopefish's tool kind-of works for me, but I don't think he's got the positions for UI elements quite right for 5760x1080. Before running his tool I even nuked my scripts and resource folders so it would create fresh copies of the files.

The elements aren't quite centered correctly on the middle screen, and it's hard to show this in a screenshot without the bezels, so I won't bother attaching one. But the elements bleed into the left and right screens quite a bit. Not sure if this is only since the most recent patch, since this is the first time I've tried to use his tool.

The other issue is that resource/UI/BaseChat.res isn't touched either, so the chat box is still in the bottom left of the leftmost screen, making it difficult to read what's going on.

Does anyone have a pre-packaged HUD for 5760x1080 where the UI is centered on the middle screen w/ the chatbox at the bottom left of the middle screen as well? Or am I asking to much? :P

I used to have this, I created it from a couple of hud fixes I found on this site, but those file links have long since gone dead, and the latest Source update has reset all my customizations back to default.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2013, 21:14 
Insiders
Insiders

I'll work on this over the coming weekend.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2013, 02:15 

dopefish wrote:
I'll work on this over the coming weekend.

I would be forever in your debt.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 33  Next