Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 03:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: 16 Dec 2013, 23:53 

Hi guys!

I am new here. First of all, thanks to the authors of Widescreen Fixer and the various plugins! You guys are amazing :twothumb:

I am trying to get Dark Souls running for my system with the instructions above but either I have no HUD or the HUD is there but the 3D engine output stretched to half. I have a DELL 29" Widescreen and a Samsung 24" 16:9 screen, my native desktop resolution is 4480x1080 (2560x1080 and 1920x1080). Dark Souls is the latest Steam version, DSfix is version 2.2.

Dark Souls is set to 2560x1080, DSfix.ini is set to 2560x1080. I am using the latest plugin for Widescreen Fixer from http://3dsurroundgaming.com/WSF.html.

Now, if I select "Automatically Detect Resolution" in the plugin settings for Widescreen Fixer, the HUD renderer size will be 4480, meaning the HUD is stretched out of my primary screen and everything on the right not visible anymore. The game itself then is strecthed to half.

If I deselect the option and enter the values manually (Display Count 2, Uncorrected Resolution 4480x1080, Bezel-Corrected Resolution 2560x1080), no HUD will be displayed at all. HUD renderer size will display 320. Same problem if I set Uncorrected and Bezel-Corrected both to 2560x1080, HUD renderer size is then 1280 but still no HUD is displayed.

Is there a way to set the HUD renderer size manually? I assume it needs to be 2560. But how can I achieve this? Or am I doing something completely wrong?

Thanks for your help!

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2013, 21:54 
Insiders
Insiders

localhorst wrote:
Hi guys!

I am new here. First of all, thanks to the authors of Widescreen Fixer and the various plugins! You guys are amazing :twothumb:

I am trying to get Dark Souls running for my system with the instructions above but either I have no HUD or the HUD is there but the 3D engine output stretched to half. I have a DELL 29" Widescreen and a Samsung 24" 16:9 screen, my native desktop resolution is 4480x1080 (2560x1080 and 1920x1080). Dark Souls is the latest Steam version, DSfix is version 2.2.

Dark Souls is set to 2560x1080, DSfix.ini is set to 2560x1080. I am using the latest plugin for Widescreen Fixer from http://3dsurroundgaming.com/WSF.html.

Now, if I select "Automatically Detect Resolution" in the plugin settings for Widescreen Fixer, the HUD renderer size will be 4480, meaning the HUD is stretched out of my primary screen and everything on the right not visible anymore. The game itself then is strecthed to half.

If I deselect the option and enter the values manually (Display Count 2, Uncorrected Resolution 4480x1080, Bezel-Corrected Resolution 2560x1080), no HUD will be displayed at all. HUD renderer size will display 320. Same problem if I set Uncorrected and Bezel-Corrected both to 2560x1080, HUD renderer size is then 1280 but still no HUD is displayed.

Is there a way to set the HUD renderer size manually? I assume it needs to be 2560. But how can I achieve this? Or am I doing something completely wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Hey there:)

I haven't tested the plugin in 21:9 but you can do the following test:

No Monitors = 1;
Uncorrected Resolution 1920x1080 (standard 16:9)
Corrected resolution 2560x1080 (your 21:9)

It is possible it will not work, since I didn't manage to update all the plugins to 21:9 (and I don't remember exactly if I updated this one or not;)) ) If it doesnt work let me know, I will fix it in the weekend;))

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2013, 23:41 

Thank you for your reply, Helifax!

I tried your suggestion, this will result in a crash of Widescreen Fixer with a division by zero error.

Stack Trace:
Plugin.Dark_Souls_Prepare_to_Die_Edition.Configuration.get_RenderResolution()
Plugin.Dark_Souls_Prepare_to_Die_Edition.DarkSouls.Enable()
Widescreen_Fixer.WidescreenFixer.TimerSetup_Tick
System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc
System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback

An update for your plugin would be amazing :-)

Best,
localhorst

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2013, 00:17 
Insiders
Insiders

localhorst wrote:
Thank you for your reply, Helifax!

I tried your suggestion, this will result in a crash of Widescreen Fixer with a division by zero error.

Stack Trace:
Plugin.Dark_Souls_Prepare_to_Die_Edition.Configuration.get_RenderResolution()
Plugin.Dark_Souls_Prepare_to_Die_Edition.DarkSouls.Enable()
Widescreen_Fixer.WidescreenFixer.TimerSetup_Tick
System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc
System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback

An update for your plugin would be amazing :-)

Best,
localhorst

Yeah..division by zero is..well division by zero hahaha:)) I haven't update it apparently :( I will do it in the weekend. I'll try to make it sooner but I cannot promise anything. Just keep an eye on the forum just in case. But the best bet would be on Friday evening;))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2013, 13:06 
Insiders
Insiders

Support for 21:9 Monitors has been added!
Re-download the plugin from http://3dsurroundgaming.com/WSF.html and give it a go;))

Let me know if you encounter any problems;))

Best Regards,
Helifax

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2013, 18:40 

It works!!! This is so awesome.

Thank you, Helifax! I've sent a small token of gratitude to your PayPal account - it is not much, but please have a beer on me.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2013, 22:27 

You don't get any problems with the HUD?

After i used the fix, the HUD disappeared... Are you using DSFix?

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2013, 22:47 

Armin1702 wrote:

With Helifax's latest plugin everything is working perfectly for me. I'm using DSfix 2.2, see top of page 20 (my first post) for my exact setup.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2013, 13:15 
Insiders
Insiders

Armin1702 wrote:

If you are using DSFIX go inside the Ini and disable any HUD modifications from DSFix otherwise it will not work properly.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2013, 13:16 
Insiders
Insiders

localhorst wrote:
It works!!! This is so awesome.

Thank you, Helifax! I've sent a small token of gratitude to your PayPal account - it is not much, but please have a beer on me.

I am really glad that now is working properly and I want to thank you for the support;))

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 29  Next