Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 13:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2016, 06:24 

Disabling the eyefinity group leaves all three monitors showing the same view. Wouldn't that put my full screen game onto all three and use more GPU than it would if the other two were disabled?

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2016, 14:19 
Editors
Editors

If the monitor shows the exact same picture I think there is no performance loss even if it's mirrored on 3 screens.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2016, 16:15 

Roger that, in that case I can just click the power button and turn the outside pair off :)

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2016, 03:08 

hellnut wrote:
Hello all,

yesterday steam installed the new beta patch 1.4 and - like a month ago with beta 1.3 - the game CTD while going into the build mode. It seems that the modified Interface.ba2 has to be modified for every new patch again. :roll:

@WARBOY1982: Have you time and could you be so gentle to modify the Interface.ba2 again? I will praise to the Lord for your soul if you could do that again, m8... :cheers:

Or maybe is there an easy way that i could change the file (Interface.ba2) on my own, so that i won't disturb you anymore?

Greetings
Helmut

Can confirm this now that 1.4 is official and live. Crash to desktop when trying to access the workshop using the modified interface.ba2 (and the Add-Ons menu options is missing from the save/load/etc screen menu). All menus such as store and HUD text across the bottom are unusable with the new interface.ba2 :evil: Hopefully a fix will be on the way or a tutorial so we can do it ourselves.

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2016, 07:21 

phlimm wrote:
hellnut wrote:
Hello all,

yesterday steam installed the new beta patch 1.4 and - like a month ago with beta 1.3 - the game CTD while going into the build mode. It seems that the modified Interface.ba2 has to be modified for every new patch again. :roll:

@WARBOY1982: Have you time and could you be so gentle to modify the Interface.ba2 again? I will praise to the Lord for your soul if you could do that again, m8... :cheers:

Or maybe is there an easy way that i could change the file (Interface.ba2) on my own, so that i won't disturb you anymore?

Greetings
Helmut

Can confirm this now that 1.4 is official and live. Crash to desktop when trying to access the workshop using the modified interface.ba2 (and the Add-Ons menu options is missing from the save/load/etc screen menu). All menus such as store and HUD text across the bottom are unusable with the new interface.ba2 :evil: Hopefully a fix will be on the way or a tutorial so we can do it ourselves.

I agree. The wide screen file hack seems to work better for my setup than the Flawless memory hack. Help with this would be much appreciated!

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2016, 00:55 

I'm having same issues as those listed above. As soon as Bethesda updated Fallout 4 to the 1.4 patch I have CTD as soon as I try to get into any workshop. I'm currently using Haldi's fix with the Interface.ba2 file and I have tried all the one's he has updated but with no luck. Does anyone know of a fix or anything?

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2016, 02:51 

I've been having the same issues, but seem to have managed to get things working again.
I copied over the full game from a backup I had, then I deleted the 3 ini files in "Documents/My Games/Fallout 4"

I also removed all the mod files I was running and made sure they were deleted. Then I ran the game and setup at 1920x1080 and let the game decide my settings. Launched the game and loaded my save. Quit the game after checking the CTD workshop issue didn't happen.
I then reinstalled the "Fallout4Prefs.ini" and "Fallout4.ini" but not the customprefs.ini. These 2 ini files are the ones that I had previously modded. Loaded and checked, again no CTD. Finally dropped the interfaces ba2 in and everything worked great again.

I'll try to reinstate my mods one at a time and see what happens.

However on an different issue (not sure where to post this), I am able to access WSGF from everywhere except my home (unless using 4g on my phone). I get a 500 server error regardless of what page i try to get to on WSGF. Does anybody have any suggestions.
I'm on Optus cable. WSGF is included in my white list. Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2016, 03:45 

Longpig7 wrote:
I've been having the same issues, but seem to have managed to get things working again.
I copied over the full game from a backup I had, then I deleted the 3 ini files in "Documents/My Games/Fallout 4"

I also removed all the mod files I was running and made sure they were deleted. Then I ran the game and setup at 1920x1080 and let the game decide my settings. Launched the game and loaded my save. Quit the game after checking the CTD workshop issue didn't happen.
I then reinstalled the "Fallout4Prefs.ini" and "Fallout4.ini" but not the customprefs.ini. These 2 ini files are the ones that I had previously modded. Loaded and checked, again no CTD. Finally dropped the interfaces ba2 in and everything worked great again.

However on an different issue (not sure where to post this), I am able to access WSGF from everywhere except my home (unless using 4g on my phone). I get a 500 server error regardless of what page i try to get to on WSGF. Does anybody have any suggestions.
I'm on Optus cable. WSGF is included in my white list. Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

This did not work for me. Always get a CTD when I put in the modded interfaces.ba2 file. And with your working version are you able to see/build the new items from the workshop like the new signs and the meat bags? Also do you see the Add-Ons option on the loading screen?

I really hope we can get a fix or at least instructions on how to fix for this soon, it is unplayable ATM.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2016, 03:50 

phlimm wrote:
Longpig7 wrote:

This did not work for me. Always get a CTD when I put in the modded interfaces.ba2 file. And with your working version are you able to see/build the new items from the workshop like the new signs and the meat bags? Also do you see the Add-Ons option on the loading screen?

I really hope we can get a fix or at least instructions on how to fix for this soon, it is unplayable ATM.

I'll have a look later when i get home if i get a chance, only got it running again late last night.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2016, 10:08 

Just whipped this up myself using Haldi tutorial on editing .ba2 files.

Gimmie a heads up if you find any errors, but it seems to be working ok on my end

for (5760x1080)

I have a 5mb limit for uploading, so unfortunately I had to split it into multiple archives

Attachments:
File comment: All in One download
Fallout4 - Interface-FULL.zip [21.37 MiB]
Downloaded 1036 times
Fallout4 - Interface.part5.rar [1.39 MiB]
Downloaded 358 times
Fallout4 - Interface.part4.rar [5 MiB]
Downloaded 307 times
Fallout4 - Interface.part3.rar [5 MiB]
Downloaded 323 times
Fallout4 - Interface.part2.rar [5 MiB]
Downloaded 336 times
Fallout4 - Interface.part1.rar [5 MiB]
Downloaded 316 times

Last edited by Haldi on 05 Mar 2016, 07:45, edited 1 time in total.
mod edit by Haldi: Added a full zip download.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 77  Next