Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 22:50

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2008, 22:56 

I was actually looking for an inexpensive dual-LCD mount about two months ago to see if I could accommodate two monitors on my current (soon to be expanded) desk.

This will be a nice opportunity to use two monitors on that desk (instead on the ancient computer in my basement).

Ibrin is correct on the "odd man out" thing however. For video games two monitors doesn't work very well, as the bezels split your avatar (in RPGs), your car (in racing games), or your crosshair (in FPSs). So it will be interesting to try to game on this...

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2008, 23:17 
Founder
Founder

I'm glad there are people who can use a dual monitor stand. When you write the reviews, I want them to be Featured Reviews on the site.

I want to say this - I LOVE ERGOTRON PRODUCTS. I only five of them. Ergotron gave me two of them. But I purchased the DS100 & Neo-Flex for my Surround mod, and I purchased a wall mount for my LCD HDTV. I'm more than happy to promote their products. I just hate that the method may reflect negatively on the WSGF or Ergotron.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2008, 05:43 
Founder
Founder

I have gotten confirmation form my contacts with Ergotron. This is legit. She wasn't aware this posting was going to happen, or I would have gotten the heads up.

But, for the three folks in before the bell, you should expect the product as promised. And I will expect Featured Reviews to post here. :wink:

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2008, 06:33 

JUST in case he hasn't received 3 emails, mine is sent. I'd love to review this product and be a partial party. I think my fellow wide screen gamers need an impartial review.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2008, 10:02 
Editors
Editors

We have reviews of ergotron products and they are preferred by members as I have seen. Its fun of course that they use this form of promotion, but it needs to be approved by Ibrin first, since we are hardware neutral. If Ibrin haven't already responded to this thread and checked it up, it would have been moved away until approval have been confirmed by Ibrin.

Just as a little notice if some other firm considers this form of promotion. Contact Ibrin first! ;)

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2008, 00:19 
Insiders
Insiders

I hope the shipping cost to NZ doesn't cost them too much when they send me the stand for review ;)

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2008, 02:48 

Last I checked I wasn't a bot... This type of forum happens to be one of the best ways to reach hardcore gamers.

thats good. one has to check things like that frequently - after all the risk of becoming a spam-bot is not to be neglected. I strongly recommend you check again, just to be sure. btw, I like spam-bots actually, some of them a really amusing. :wink:

no seriously...wouldn't a triple monitor stand be more logical appealing?

edit: someone pls remind me to make a bot that auto-responds to threads like this one. or maybe sends an email to get free stuff.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2008, 04:56 
Insiders
Insiders

Last I checked I wasn't a bot...

I dunno after seeing Liz Hurley's 'machine gun jubblies' in Austin Powers I even look at myself sideways....anyone can be a bot!

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2008, 17:10 

From this point forward, we (Maccabee on behalf of Ergotron) will be working directly with WSGF to coordinate distribution of our new demo products. I'm sorry for any confusion this has caused memebers. We look forward to getting Ergotron products out to you guys!

Post subject: Tripple Monitor Stands
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2008, 17:12 

Ergotron does make them. I just need to check and see if we can offer them for Demo. Stay tuned!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next