Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 11:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: WOI with TH2go
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2008, 03:30 

Hi,

Just got TH2go, & tried WOI. Even though it's a supported game, I get game config file could not be found when I try to optimize with the utility.
Anyone else get this? Got a fix?

Thanks,

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2008, 11:34 
Editors
Editors

Hi there and welcome ! :)

Before you optimize a game for TH2G, you need to run it once so that the necessary user/config files are generated. Then SGU will be able to do its thing.

Well sometimes SGU won't find the files (or even list the game as installed) even though you ran the game multiple times :oops:

WOI stands for Wings Over Isreal, right ? Does it need 'SGU optimization' before you can select a TripleHead resolution in-game ? Or maybe you have HUD problems ? (For most titles, SGU doesn't do much really...)

Post subject: rply
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2008, 17:44 

You don't really need the SGU. I don't use it on all my games.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2008, 20:10 

The SGU is available to help users optimize titles that really require complex fixes for resolution, FOV, and HUD/UI. We continue to add games to the SGU now for good measure, however most of the new titles added have native support and therefore don't require any specific use of the SGU.

Moving forward as more and more titles are properly optimized for TripleHead2Go out of the box, the need for the SGU will decrease. Nevertheless it will remain available for older titles and tricky titles that still need fixing.

For WOI, this is a natively supported title that should not require any specific modifications. You should be able to simply select your desired TripleHead resolution from the graphics options and the game should play properly by default.

Cheers,
Mark

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 00:05 

Thanks for the welcome, yes it's Wings Over Isreal, & I have ran it more than once. Also for the info on SGU. FSX, & IL2 1946 runs fine, but WOI will only come up on monitor #1. Any other suggestions please let me know.

Thanks guys,

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 00:18 
Editors
Editors

Can you access the in-game options menu and set the resolution to somethin' triplehead or not ?

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 16:51 

Well if I don't feel dumb, I should. :oops: I wasn't scrolling on the rez options. I have it now. I guess I've been on this earth too long. Thanks for your help. BTW great site for info.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 18:49 
Editors
Editors

Don't feel bad for that :lol: (or old!)
Hope to see you around - with some nice surround screenshots/videos maybe ? ;)