Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Oct 2024, 10:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm In The Club :)
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2009, 20:25 

Hi all

My TH2Go came today.
I'm having a couple minor issues, but I will post about them later in the Support board. Actually, I will see if I can find solutions on my own first.

It is working fine really and was no problem setting it up.

So I tried some games. I nearly fell out of my seat when I launched FSX. No video or screen shot had prepared me for what I experienced in this game. It simply blew me away. It is rare for anything to me make drop my jaw and say 'oh my god', but that's exactly what happened. It was the most wonderful experience I have ever had in the PC gaming hobby. It is something I will never forget, it just simply floored me.

I then tried Fallout 3 and it too is impressive, but has the fish eye effect pretty heavily. Oblivion didn't seem to have it quite as much, for whatever reason, but it could have been I was in a more open area in OB. In Fo3 I was in the Scrap Yard of The Pitt on ground level. Anyway, it's still cool as long as I don't focus too much on the side monitors.

rFactor is just as cool as FSX. Here I though I had a issue, because the spinner and menus are only on the center monitor. Even the replays are only on the center, but that might be something in the settings.
Once in the cockpit (actual play), the image is in all 3 like it should be.

I have a few other games to try out. I have had Crysis for a long time now and haven't played it yet. I need to.
IL-2, Test Drive Unlimited, FarCry 1 and 2, Serious Sam 2 (yeah I know, kinda cheesy, lol). And a few others.

I just got my copy of Rise of Flight today too. So I have plenty of games to put to the test, hehe.

I'm extremely pleased with this. I knew I would like it, but had no real idea just how much so. It is the best purchase I have made toward the hobby. It's simply amazing.
If this is something you have thought about, but were not sure of, cast your doubts aside and join the club. It is fantastic.

Bye for now.

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2009, 20:49 
Editors
Editors

Cool, happened the same here when i installed my system, btw FC 2 looks simply amazing at THG. :P

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2009, 21:38 
Editors
Editors

Welcome to The Club 8)
Don't worry about "edge distortion" (fish eye effect), you'll soon get used to focus on the center screen and let your peripheral vision enjoy the rest.
I can assure you TripleHead does FC2 & TDU justice ! Enjoy Hor+++ !

:WWTH2Go

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2009, 23:32 

Re-FSX , yes it looks awesome (better with that patch they released a long while back) but it really comes alive with a Track-Ir.
I concur on the FC2, very nice indeed.
TDU also can use a Track-Ir for reference.
I've found Track-Ir less usefull in racing games like GTR Evo and iRacing, you seem to need the view to be locked to be able to properly judge all the apex's etc, which I hadn't expected at all, though as a tech demo it still looks the part.
I'm sure you'll be happy with it as I hate going back to single screen gaming when I have to.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2009, 00:43 

Hi again

I have TrackIR. I actually did a lot of lobbying to get it in race sims years ago. I use it in rFactor and TDU (as well as flight sims). I got my first unit in 2001, I think it was. I have TIR 4 now. Couldn't get along without it.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2009, 01:16 
Editors
Editors

TrackIR + THG = fun :D

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2009, 01:19 

Hi again

I have TrackIR. I actually did a lot of lobbying to get it in race sims years ago. I use it in rFactor and TDU (as well as flight sims). I got my first unit in 2001, I think it was. I have TIR 4 now. Couldn't get along without it.

I think for single screen gaming it works just great but once you add in the break in the screens and the slight misalignment between them it becomes disorienting as to what your trying to look at. If you had seemless gaps between monitors i'm guessing this wouldn't be a problem , but mine aren't perfect , coupled with the fish eye effect its much better just to have a wider fov thats fixed , and to move your head left and right to see the extremes than have the views slew around to meet you.
This is my experience only, if you find it better then good luck to you.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2009, 17:31 

Previous versions of rFactor showed triplehead replays. In the final patch (or maybe one patch before that) this feature was removed for whatever reason. AFAIK there is no setting to get triplehead replays.

Make sure you check out rFactor's "MultiView" option, which most people find very helpful in triplehead.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2009, 06:29 

Welcome to the club dude, there's no going back to a single screen once you are in. :D

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2009, 11:28 
Editors
Editors

Welcome to the club dude, there's no going back to a single screen once you are in. :D

Absolutely :)