Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Jul 2024, 23:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2009, 18:33 

As far as I know, I got all different kind of displays. I can tell you that I have no problems at all.

All I see is, that one of the displays needs a little longer to turn on but beside that?

No colour probs, no resolution probs... nothing. The TH2G setup took me few minutes and I run it on 5040x1050 all the time.

you got a CMO panel and don't see the difference ! ? :shock:
well I guess everyone's sensibility is different

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2009, 19:55 

dunno what CMO is but have read in germany some stuff about the different displays...

but i know I have a S, [R] and another with no letter on it. So what that is...I dont know. they all work fine, show me the right colours and I have nothing to complaine about.

they all have standart setup with no colour calibrations

edit: Did I say something like I have a CMO Display? :)

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2009, 04:19 

so I finally got a 3rd screen off craigslist. It was a local pickup in Toronto so it was convenient.

But yeah, I notice a problem with the white color; the 3 screens have varying back whites. It's not noticable when gaming, but extremely annoying when doing word processing or surfing; the white differences really stick out.

I am still trying to calibrate them, but I am not really good at it yet. The profiles I d/led for color management don't seem to work =/

Anyways, that's my experience.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2009, 21:23 

dunno what CMO is but have read in germany some stuff about the different displays...

but i know I have a S, [R] and another with no letter on it. So what that is...I dont know. they all work fine, show me the right colours and I have nothing to complaine about.

they all have standart setup with no colour calibrations

edit: Did I say something like I have a CMO Display? :)

well since you said something along the lines that you had them all ...
as long as you don't have a "C" version in the hidden menu (which means the panel is built by "CMO", "S" is for Samsung, "A" for AU optronics, the reste are unknown and probably of the next 226BW generation which hides the origin of the panel in the hidden menu because of all the fuss about it.)

read more about it in the link I provided earlier if you want ;)

even more detailed info on this link : http://www.behardware.com/articles/667-1/samsung-226bw-a-and-s-series-the-verdict.html

Agent999: you might want to check out that link, just to be sure.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2009, 23:40 

yeah I know about the "secret" menu and checked them all. All displays are good displays but different models. But you will not notice any colour problems. But I dont hve a C model and actually... I dont want one :P

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2009, 21:37 
Insiders
Insiders

Found some on craigslist in canada. That's how i was able to find my 3rd HP w1907

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/search/?areaID=25&subAreaID=&query=226BW&catAbbreviation=sss

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 18:08 

Well I got 2 acer p224w's to go with my 1 samsung 226bw

because I didn't want to go through the trouble of finding 2 new 226bw's

the acers were cheep but they don't blend well together... the acers have more back light bleed. But I find it to be all working fine.

It's not the ideal solution but it works and it's not as expensive

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009174